Mein Deutsch

Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:50 pm GMT
I'm anti-you and I vote for banning you from this forum.
Sorry I don't like sheep-like idiots who write off a whole nation and adhere to common stereotypes.

Do you mean the Americans, right?
K. T.   Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:05 pm GMT
Caspian claims to be English. Sometimes Americans stereotype, but I've seen stupid stereotyping in every country where I've lived and heard nonsense from people travelling from most countries.

It's easier for people to stereotype, indeed you stereotype with your statement.

I've heard amazingly stupid comments in other languages-just as stupid as any that Americans make. It is the joy or understanding multiple languages (or the pain, lol.)
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 am GMT
but I've seen stupid stereotyping in every country where I've lived and heard nonsense from people travelling from most countries

I have difficults to believe they are more stupid than the American ones

It's easier for people to stereotype

Yes, true: actually Americans always do it
K. T.   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 am GMT
No, there are uninformed people everywhere. It's part of being human, not being American. I'm sure I say stupid stuff too, but I hope I say it privately.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:34 am GMT
They are stereotyping themselves when they say that Americans stereotype. What idiotic hypocrites...
K. T.   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:53 am GMT
If you travel a bit, you'll see stereotyping and if you understand a few languages you'll hear it fairly often. We're all a pretty sad lot in a way. Even the bright, cultured people do it. We aren't Leonardo DaVincis.
Guest   Thu May 01, 2008 12:39 am GMT
<<We aren't Leonardo DaVincis.>>

Or even Leonardo da Vincis...
Guest   Thu May 01, 2008 12:50 am GMT
Hell, we aren't even Dan Browns!
Guest   Thu May 01, 2008 3:18 pm GMT
Yes, we're a sad lot. Unless we're a gay lot.
<rofl>