language with most consonants,

Yo   Wed May 06, 2009 12:02 am GMT
<<estás muy equivocado porque inglés, dado que es una lengua germana, es llenísimo de las vocales y diptongos...>>

Eso es por que el ingles esta lleno de palabras latinas con una ligera "anglificacion", por eso es que es el idioma mas agradable (generalmente hablando) de todos los germanos.

P.D. los mismo anglos reconocen que las palabras derivadas del latin son las mas elegantes, por ejemplo, "commence" suena mejor que "start".
Seriously you are all gay   Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 am GMT
Why the hell does everyone like 'soft' languages as opposed to 'harsh' languages? I mean, I like languages which sound angry and agressive. It's just more masculine. I'm not a sissy who wants his ears to melt with soft beautiful melodies.
diosa   Wed May 06, 2009 6:31 am GMT
Gays generally love the languages with many consonants they would like to be screwd by a guy speaking one of these harsh languages, he would sound so masculine, woulnd't he?
Meijse   Wed May 06, 2009 8:18 am GMT
Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: beautiful: ex-ce-len-te 4 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh: xlent 1 syllable (as English: shlent)

Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: beautiful: me-ni-nos 3 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh: m'nin's 1 syllable (as English: mninsh)

Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: beautiful: ver-da-des 3 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh: vr-da-ds 1.5 syllable (in vr r is a vowel in Continental Portuguese, like ir in n Scotisch kirk)
Meijse   Wed May 06, 2009 8:19 am GMT
Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: beautiful: ex-ce-len-te 4 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh: xlent 1 syllable (as English: shlent)

Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: beautiful: me-ni-nos 3 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh: m'nin's 1 syllable (as English: mninsh)

Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: beautiful: ver-da-des 3 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh: vr-dads 1.5 syllable (in vr r is a vowel in Continental Portuguese, like ir in n Scotisch kirk)
CORRECTOR   Wed May 06, 2009 8:33 am GMT
Meijse, let me correct you:

Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: ugly and monotonous: ex-ce-len-te 4 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh and beautiful: xlent 1 syllable (as English: shlent)

Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: ugly and monotonous: me-ni-nos 3 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh and beautiful: m'nin's 1 syllable (as English: mninsh)

Brazilian Portuguese: many vowels: ugly and monotonous: ver-da-des 3 syllables
Continental Portuguese: vowels dropped:harsh and beautiful: vr-dads 1.5 syllable (in vr r is a vowel in Continental Portuguese, like ir in n Scotisch kirk)

Lots of vowels = potato in the mouth syndrome
crrctr   Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 pm GMT
languages with many vowels are prefered by Opera singers. Languages with few vowels are prefered by dogs trainers.
lover   Wed May 06, 2009 3:52 pm GMT
I'd love to learn Arabic. Are there any gorgeous guys who wanna teach me? I'm looking for a dark, hairy young guy....Lebanese are my favourite...:-) No only top please :-)
Arabic   Wed May 06, 2009 4:32 pm GMT
I'm very dark but not hairy at all.
ayayayayay   Wed May 06, 2009 7:48 pm GMT
<<languages with many vowels are prefered by Opera singers. Languages with few vowels are prefered by dogs trainers>>

Lol, true.
Goethe   Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 pm GMT
Lots of operas were sung in German. I must disagree with you, again.
Guest   Thu May 07, 2009 2:02 pm GMT
Lots of ugly operas were sung in German. Most famous Operas are in Italian.
guest de la Russie   Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm GMT
>>In Russian there are no tenses except the basic ones, the irregularity in the case declensions is very rare, no palatalization

Russian has 5 tences and it has 17 palatalized sounds, no any other language in the worls has so many.

if you need the language with consonants it may be GEORGIAN. Real harsh and manly language unlike Russian or any Slavic one.

Some georgian words: mrglovani, mkhedruli,

gvprtskvni "you peel us"
mtvrali "drunk"
etc.
limoeiro   Thu May 07, 2009 2:43 pm GMT
the irregularity in the case declensions is very rare, no palatalization

This is completely idiot! Some people ought to study linguistics seriously (or at least they should know the language they write about) instead of posting at this forum. Besides, most of them boast to be educated scholars.....this is ilarious
dear limoeiro lol   Thu May 07, 2009 9:42 pm GMT
The only problem I can see here is that Russian is the only Slavonic language you actually "know" (I mean some basics in grammar and vocabulary and complete ignorance about Slavonic languages at all).
By the way, you are not a linguist, so stop trying to speak about things you have really no idea!
Russian is really simple. The only thing that's more difficult than in other Slavonic languages is the phonology, still, it's not the only one.

Try memorizing this: linguistics <vs.> being a polyglot !!!

@ Russian guest: don't mix the palatalization with palatalized sounds.
den' [d(z)jenj] is not a palatalization. only D is softened.

true example of palatalization which is a process in Croatian where the consonants K,G,H before E/I and some suffixes change into Č/Ž/Š
Nom. "vrag"-->Voc. "vraže"
N. "orah"-->V. "oraše"
N. "junak"-->V. "junače"

in aorist:
rekoh-->reče
stigoh-->stiže

etc...... it's very often. Of course, not every K,G,H before E and I change into ČŽŠ. There are lots of exceptions and some rules for it.

Assibilation (the term in linguistics for a sound change resulting in a sibilant consonant. K,G,H before /i/ change into C,Z,S.

N. majka-->D. majci
N. noga-->L. nozi
N. ruka-->L. ruci

imperative:
infinitive: peći-->peci!
leći-->lezi!

-from the imperfective to the perfective verbs:
dignuti-->dizati
uzdahnuti-->uzdisati

etc............with lots of exceptions as well.