Be at peace in different languages

Kroll   Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 am GMT
I heard yesterday that Michael Jackson died.

BE AT PEACE MICHAEL

How to say: Be at peace in different languages:

Inglish: Be at peace.

German: Werden in Frieden

Spanish: Estar en paz.

Chinese: 安息
chingador de animales   Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:17 am GMT
¡Espero que esté en el infierno por haber acosado a tantos niños!
Satan   Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:36 am GMT
Ahora Michael Jackson sí que va a estar blanco de veras.
Amen   Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 am GMT
Latin: Requiescat in Pace
Guest   Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:03 am GMT
>>¡Espero que esté en el infierno por haber acosado a tantos niños!

Proven innocent!
Guest   Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:07 am GMT
Would you leave Jackson with your children? I wouldn't. In USA if you have a lot of millions you are always innocent.
Karma   Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:41 pm GMT
He was creepy. What a relief for him and the world. But I doubt he's gonna get peace even where he's now.
Leasnam   Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm GMT
I will miss the old Michael Jackson.

When they showed clips from his childhood performances up through Thriller it really took me back...

But when they went to 1993 and after, it suddenly all changed for me...I no longer missed that MJ...

I have mixed feelings, but it is indeed a sad day.

Farrah too :(
français   Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:01 pm GMT
Repose en paix .
Englisc   Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:55 pm GMT
Reste in fréode
still here   Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:37 am GMT
One of the greatest legends in human history is now received into the hands of the Lord.

It's hard to imagine anyone on this planet who is not deeply saddened by this greatest and most unexpected loss. Graced by his all-too-brief presence, the world was an infinitely better place. His giant shoes will forever go unfilled.

He was a shining example of what we should all strive for. His one-of-a-kind role model was unequalled in our time. Without his uplifting influence, the world will never again be the same.

His soul is now resting in a better place.
reality check   Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:58 am GMT
<<One of the greatest legends in human history is now received into the hands of the Lord. >>

The Lord is fake.

<<It's hard to imagine anyone on this planet who is not deeply saddened by this greatest and most unexpected loss. >>

Guess you suck at imagining reality. I am not deeply saddened (I am a little bit - I'm not that heartless). It's not that unexpected either. No death is, no one is immortal.

<<Graced by his all-too-brief presence, the world was an infinitely better place.>>

Infinitely? Maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration.

<<His giant shoes will forever go unfilled. >>

Who knows what the future will bring.

<<He was a shining example of what we should all strive for.>>

People have different aspirations. I'm quite glad I'm not Michael Jackson.

<<His one-of-a-kind role model >>

His music wasn't bad, but he wasn't that great of a role model. Is it good for black kids to want to dye themselves white?

<<was unequalled in our time.>>

Too subjective. I can think of quite a few people who I believe are greater role models.

<<Without his uplifting influence, the world will never again be the same. >>

His uplifting influence is his music, not his existence. His music is not dead and hence can still uplift people.

<<His soul is now resting in a better place. >>

I agree. Eternal unconsciousness is not so bad!
wannabe eulogist   Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:30 am GMT
<<Infinitely? Maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration. >>

This is just a eulogy -- don't they tend to exaggerate somewhat. Emphasize the good, ignore the bad, etc?

You could imagine these lines being said at the funeral of Reinhard Heydrich, for example (or anyone important that died unexpectedly).
Guest   Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:34 am GMT
M.J.'s death was not unexpected at all. His life was deteriorating for the last 15 - 20 years. Why do you think his concerts in London were postponed? Obviously this is the time for eulogies but the time for truth will also come and soon.
Valencià   Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:14 am GMT
Reposa en pau in Catalan