If Arab states have no oil, will Arabic be useful in future?

farto   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:03 am GMT
I'm really fed up with all these American or European guys who only think of Economy, high wages, and brilliant future with lots of money. Unfortunately Chinese and some Asian guys are becoming even worse. Luckly, education, culture, linguistics and languages are something else. My passion for languages have nothing to do with all this. In my view these are the ravages of a broken capitalism on the human mind. Anyway I'm European and am not a communist....
Domine   Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:15 pm GMT
">I'm really fed up with all these American or European guys who only think of Economy, high wages, and brilliant future with lots of money. Unfortunately Chinese and some Asian guys are becoming even worse. Luckly, education, culture, linguistics and languages are something else. My passion for languages have nothing to do with all this. In my view these are the ravages of a broken capitalism on the human mind. Anyway I'm European and am not a communist....<"

I, too; am fed up. I also hope that education, culture, linguistics and languages do bring about substantial change in people...
Evinória   Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm GMT
<<I, too; am fed up. I also hope that education, culture, linguistics and languages do bring about substantial change in people...>>

Congratulations!
yeti   Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:56 pm GMT
<<I'm really fed up with all these American or European guys who only think of Economy, high wages, and brilliant future with lots of money.>>

If this changes then that will be bad news for Arabic.

<<Luckly, education, culture, linguistics and languages are something else.>>

These things have nothing to do with Arabic.