Brazilian vs Portugues; we know!

GREENDAY   Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:09 am GMT
Enfim... O Brasil fala Português e ponto final. Não existe oficialmente nenhum idioma brasileiro. Que há diferenças todo o mundo sabe! Seja No reino Unido e Estados Unidos, seja em Portugal, Brasil e Angola, seja em Québec e na França. Só mesmo os imperialistas espanhóis para pensarem que o seu idioma (o castelhano que eles chamam de espanhol) é homogéneo nas Américas!
O Brasil fala um Português diferente com certeza. E daí? Só enriquece o idioma. E as diferenças são mais orais que escritas.
Há uma minoria de brasileiros que tem um profundo ódio a Portugal, e são esses que erradamente afirmam que não falam Português. a maioria do Povo Brasileiro é normal e sabe a língua que fala. Diga ônibus, câncer ou esporte em vez de autocarro, cancro ou desporto (os angolanos também dizem machimbombo para ónibus). São diferenças enriquecedoras que não colocam em causa a unidade do idioma.
Tenham juízo, e deixem de ser racistas!
Bah!
Corsica is Tuscan   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:11 am GMT
If Portuguese is used in Brazil why do Portuguese people need a translation of Paulo Coelho's work...I've seen his books on sale in a bookstore in Lisbon, and his words are translated: ''garota'' is replaced by ''rapariga'', ''não pode se falar'' is replaced by ''não pode dizer-se'' and so one. Harry Potter books are translated into American, we knew about this, but it's because these are children books, and Paulo Coelho books are for adults. Why is that Portuguese people don't like reading original (they call it inferiorly ''brasileiro'' and it makes them nervous), so they demand an ''adaptation'' which is simply an euphemism for a translation.
GREENDAY   Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:24 pm GMT
Corsica, are You Brasilian? Are You Portuguese? Don't talk about You do not know! Brazilian books are not translated in the Lusophone world! Some of them are adapted to the idiossyncrasies of the oral language between the two countries. The most part of brazilian books are not "translated" as you say. I have many books in the original version (Machado de assis, João Ubaldo Ribeiro, Chico Buarque, Jorge Amado etc.). They are read in the original way. In the same way Jose Saramago's books are published in Brazil in the original!!!!! Well, believe me: you will live your life, your suns will live their lifes, your granddaughters will live their lifes, hundreds of years will come and you know what? Portuguese will continue to be the language of Brazil! Jahjahjah! READ THEIR CONSTITUTION: The National and Offitial Language of Brasil is Portuguese (it's in the Constitution!!!!!!!!). Why don't you talk about american english and british english? They also "traslate" as you say (analyze vs analyse, defence vs defense, centre vs center, I haven't heard vs I didn't hear). Do those differences make them different languages? Anyway, nowadays the Portuguese language is written equal in all Portuguese speaking countries! All countries participated in an agreement (Acordo Ortográfico) with MUTUAL cedencies in the form of writing some words. And the ortographic differences are minor: ação vs acção, diretor vs director, etc. All films and soaps (novelas) from Brazil come to the Portuguese, angolan, capeverdian and mozambitian TVs without tralslation! Why? Sometimes (sometimes, not ever) brazilians put legends in some Portuguese films NOT BECAUSE THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE but because THE PORTUGUESE SPOKEN IN PORTUGAL "EATS" THE WORDS IN A WAY THAT EVEN THE PORTUGUESES DON'T UNDERSTAND THEIR FILMS!!!!! In a word, BAD DICTION! And the several versions of the hispanic soaps which have different versions of spanish in Argentina, Mexico and Venezuela? Did you know argentinian soaps are literally doubled in Venezuela. So, do they speak different languages? Why do you put the emphasis only in Portuguese?
Bahhhhh!!!!!!!!! What a supidity in creating facts that do not exist! GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Commentator   Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:14 am GMT
If Dutch and Afrikaans speakers can understand each other despite the fact that the latter is now a separate language and the considerable differences between the two, then more so between Brazilians and Portuguese.
Guest   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:04 am GMT
There's a bigger difference between Dutch and Afrikaans than EU and BR Portuguese.

Dutch and Afrikaans should be combined though. They separation is strictly political.
Meijse   Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:04 pm GMT
There's a bigger difference between Dutch and Afrikaans than EU and BR Portuguese.

Of course not, Dutch have call centers in Cape Town, yet, no Portuguese company put their call centers in Rio or Brasilia.
European   Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 pm GMT
I thought Brazilians were kind and pleasant but I have realized on this forum that most of them are nationalist and aggressive.
Guest   Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:31 pm GMT
Of course not, Dutch have call centers in Cape Town, yet, no Portuguese company put their call centers in Rio or Brasilia.

So what? How does this mean anything? Canadian Companies have no call centers in Ireland. I guess that means there English is too far a part.
Commentator   Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 am GMT
What I mean is the mutual intelligibility between Portuguese and Brazilians than between Dutch and Afrikaners.

Anyway, the two languages have parallel history of expansion.

Dutch-Afrikaans is spoken in at Netherlands and Flanders, Belgium (Europe), South Africa and Namibia (Africa), Netherlands Antilles and Aruba (North America, and Indonesia (Asia).

Portuguese in Portugal and Galicia-Portuguese counterpart of Afrikaans (Europe), Brazil (South America), Angola, Mozambique, Guinea Bissau, Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe (Africa), and East Timor and Macau (Asia)

If I'm not mistaken, the Dutch and Afrikaans made an agreement the minimize the ortographic differences between the two much as the similar to that of BP and EP.
Commentator   Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:29 am GMT
What I mean is the mutual intelligibility between Portuguese and Brazilians than between Dutch and Afrikaners.

Anyway, the two languages have parallel history of expansion.

Dutch-Afrikaans is spoken in at Netherlands and Flanders, Belgium (Europe), South Africa and Namibia (Africa), Netherlands Antilles and Aruba (North America, and Indonesia (Asia).

Portuguese in Portugal and Galicia-Portuguese counterpart of Afrikaans (Europe), Brazil (South America), Angola, Mozambique, Guinea Bissau, Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe (Africa), and East Timor and Macau (Asia)

If I'm not mistaken, the Dutch and Afrikaans speakers made an agreement to minimize the ortographic differences between the two similar to that of BP and EP agreement.
Pikinóti   Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:36 pm GMT
''Portuguese in Portugal and Galicia-Portuguese counterpart of Afrikaans (Europe), Brazil (South America), Angola, Mozambique, Guinea Bissau, Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe (Africa), and East Timor and Macau (Asia) ''

It's not really spoken in Cabo Verde, only politicians speak it, normal people speak Cape Verdian creole, and they're proud of it, there are even grammars of the creole:

http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=LA%2054

And the number speakers who have Portuguese as their 1st language in Mozambique is around 3 %.
meus   Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:37 pm GMT
Low German (for example East Frisian ) speaker from Germany can understand Standard Dutch and vice versa,Swedish speaker can understand Norwegian and vice versa,why Portugueses need translation from Brazilian Portuguese to European Portuguese?
Evinória   Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 pm GMT
Eu sou brasileira e SEMPRE que vejo uma reportagem sobre Portugal aqui, eles colocam legendas nelas!

----

Europeu*: Você achou que TODOS os brasileiros fossem amáveis e agradáveis? Pois está na hora de se tornar adulto e saber que nenhum País pode ser tratado de forma tão previsível. São 200 milhões de pessoas, e querer que todas hajam da mesma maneira é no mínimo ridículo. É o mesmo que esperar que todo Estadunindense seja beligerante ou que todo Europeu seja rico. Ou seja, isso se chama ESTERIÓTIPO.

Não se pode esteriotipar pessoas, quanto mais um Povo inteiro. Além disso, se você parar para perceber, verá que a maioria dos que se dizem brasileiros aqui, não o são. Basta ler os textos e perceber a falta de fluência, a carência de acentuação, cedilhas etc.

Vejo muito mais pessoas agressivas advindas da Europa do que do Brasil. Afinal não são os brasileiros que chamam a Europa de terceiro mundo, povo pobre, macacos, analfabetos, violentos e outros adjetivos nada agradáveis. Todo esteriótipo faz mal, acredite!

PS: Escrever o nome Europa é muito vago, pois a Unidade que se diz que existe na Europa na verdade não passa da fachada, o que existe é apenas uma UNIÃO economica tendo em vista mais competitividade no cenário Mundial, diante da ascenção dos Emergentes. Sendo assim, não existe orgulho em ser europeu, pois este não é uma nacionalidade. O que existe é o orgulho em ser português, espanhol, alemão, inglês, francês, italiano, grego, dinamarquês etc...
topic   Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:05 pm GMT
What a load of nonsense. Ignorance speaks any language and idiots have no nationality, they come in all shapes and colors!
Milton   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:30 pm GMT
Sendo assim, não existe orgulho em ser europeu, pois este não é uma nacionalidade.

---
The same can be said of Brazil, it's no united nationality: Italian Brazilians hate Portuguese Brazilians, Japanese Brazilians hate both, and all of them hate Afrobrazilians and Indians: there are more black people on British tv than on Brazilian tv channels, Europe will soon be more united than Brazilian ''nation''...I have never seen a nation more racist and with such social intolerance between classes.