Portuguese vs French

Visitor   Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:13 pm GMT

Perhaps you have a low analysis and poor logic and and it seems that you don't know how to discern a reliable website with reliable information. Itlooks to me that you're posting information coming from a website with no basis at all, you stinking and rotting shit.

Yes this list ranks the scientific output of every country, it is not important in measuring a language importance in this field.

Now if your going to insist that Japanese is the second most important language in science, think again because most of the scientific work done by Japanese are translated to English, French, German, and Russian but not in Spanish. Japanese are good only in electronics technology nothing else. They import sophisticated machinery from Germany and Helicopters from France because although they can manufacture these, they are of lower quality.

Again I insist that the most important languages in science in order are
English
Russian
German
French
Italian
Dutch
Japanese
Swedish
Chinese
Portuguese

The scientific works are translated from these languages.

Spanish and Japanese cannot be greater than Russian since the Russian made lots of scientific studies and 1/3 of world's scientific works are in Russian not yet translated in other languages which leaves non-russian scientist but to study Russian.

The languages in which the scientific works from another languages are translated into are:

English
French
German
Russian
Italian
Arabic
Chinese

Spanish again lags far behind because the hispanics are disinterested in learning and knowledge. They prefer entertainment and vanity.

Oh yes, Spanish is strong in cosmetic surgery and international beauty pageants, moron.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Visitor   Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:51 pm GMT
96% of documents published in 2000 in the Science Citation Index Expanded were written in English (Table 1), and an increasing trend in the
percentage of English-written journals and documents can be observed during the past few decades

1980 1990 2000
English 84.5% 90.5% 95.9%
French 3.8% 1.9% 1.0%
German 5.1% 2.5% 1.1%
Spanish 0.7% 0.4% 0.3%
Japanes 0.7% 0.5% 0.3%

http://www.adawis.de/admin/upload/navigation/data/English%20as%20a%20single%20language%20of%20Science%20-%20A%20Spanish%20view.pdf
Franco   Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 pm GMT
French 3.8% 1.9% 1.0% -------> Strong decline of French in science.
Guest   Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:34 pm GMT
Visitor or Mr. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha,

Your lists are a bullshit if they are not in a website. So, the only one we have is my list.

In my list, both, France and Spain are in the top ten scientific countries. I insist that English, Japanese and German are the scientific languages.

So, French is ONLY important in the Diplomatic field, and it is overestimated because:

Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, Cameroon, Rwanda, Burundi, Vietnam, Laos, Kampuchea and Madagascar prefer to use English.

Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Mauritania, Djibouti, Comores, Lebanon and Tchad prefer to use Arabic.

Basically, only France, Monaco and some of the poorest countries on Earth (in Africa) use French in international meetings.
Jesy   Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:25 am GMT
List of most spoken Romance languages:

1. French 500 million of speakers. Second most studied language worldwide.
Sources:
Alliance Française and France-Diplomatie
http://www.msdsteuben.k12.in.us/dblaz/newpage2.htm
http://www.afmilwaukee.org/index.php/Latest/10-Reasons-to-Learn-French.html
http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:mxR1ExiYMBIJ:www.bonjourchicago.com/iWeb/Introduction/Why%2520Study%2520French%2520_files/WHY%2520TAKE%2520FRENCH.ppt+French+language+on+the+Internet+second+most+important&cd=27&hl=en&ct=clnk

2. Portuguese, 230 million of speakers.

3. Spanish, 350 million of speakers. Sixth language most studied worldwide, but in eroding rapidly. Source: Hispanidad. We can see that Spanish is humiliated by Portuguese, spoken in wider geographical coverage and more important than Spanish.

Alliance Française and France-Diplomatie said that French is the second most studied language worldwide, and Hispanidad never negated that. So, it is true.
Insomiac   Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 am GMT
The latest data, fresh out of the press.

1. Romanian - 750 million speakers.
2. Catalan - 450 million speakers.
3. Spanish - 330 million speakers.
4. Italian - 111 million speakers.
5. French - 76 million speakers.
6. Portuguese - 51 million speakers.
7. Occitan - 11 million speakers.
8. Aragonese - 6 million speakers.
9. Latin - 2 million speakers.
10. Sicilian - 2 million speakers.
Guest   Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:39 am GMT
After writing all this stupid things, I go to fuck my dog Hispan and my monkey Idad.

We like to make love together, a "chupa chups". It is the best way to know each other.

The other way is to make "the train". I prefer to make the train with a black (the final wagon), and a Francophone in the first place. I am always in the medium wagon. It is an impressive feeling.

My psychiatrist says that I will never be a normal person, but my dream it that all people in the World speak Spanish, even in Pluto (in Mickey too).

Well, mis amigos, I also want to fuck, eeer, to buy a horse. He is very fine and I will name it "Sarkoapatos". What do you think about?

Thanks.
Franck   Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:17 am GMT
Spanish 0.7% 0.4% 0.3% -------> On the way to become zero or even negative.
White   Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:11 pm GMT
French, THIRD romance language.

Impressive the free fall of French language.
Wit   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:14 am GMT
Spanish, 6TH romance language.

The rapid sinking of Spanish language is impressive.
Visitor   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:15 am GMT
Nice try, mi enemigo!

Your lists without a clear source and a serious webpage are a bullshit.

Literature in French is the most importantafter English: the French authors (Jean-Jacques Rousseau, François Rabelais, Alexandre Dumas[père et fils], Jean-Paul Sartre, Emmanuèle Bernheim, BRIGITTE BYRD, JUDITH CABAUD), the French Canadian authors (Yves Beauchemin, George-Étienne Cartier, Francine Pelletier, Henri-Raymond Casgrain, Octave Crémazie, WILLIAM CHAPMAN, FRANCES MOORE-BROOKE, WAJDI MOUAWAD, GORDON SHEPPARD, YING CHEN), the Swiss authors (Victor van Berchem, Francis de Crue, Camille Favre, Henri Fazy, B. de Mandrot, Berthold van Muyden and Edouard Rott), the Belgian authors (Charles De Coster, André-Paul Duchâteau, Maurice Grevisse, Alain Le Bussy, Suzanne Lilar, Amélie Nothomb, J.H. Rosny and J.-H. Rosny aîné & J.-H. Rosny jeune, Stanislas-André Steeman, Yves Varende, Henri Vernes, Marguerite Yourcenar, Jean Ray [John Flanders for his works in Dutch], MICHEL DE GHELDERODE, MAURICE MAETERLINCK, and PIERRE MERTENS), the Martinican authors (Jean Bernabé, Aimé Césaire, Patrick Chamoiseau, Raphaël Confiant, Frantz Fanon, Édouard Glissant, Ferdinand Lemaire, René Ménil, and Joseph Zobel), the Guadeloupian authors (Maryse Condé, Nicolas-Germain Léonard, and Daniel Maximin), the Réunionnais authors (Léon Dierx, Michel Houellebecq, Leconte de Lisle, and Évariste de Parny), French Guianan writer (Lotus Vingadassamy-Engel), French Polynesian writers (Célestine Hitiura Vaite and Ambroise Yxemerry) and New Caledonian writers (John Mariotti, Pierre Gope, Nicolas Kurtovitch, Frédéric Ohlen, and Bernard Berger) all together are obviously more important than the Hispanic literature.

In the most important sports, France is more important than Spain ALL THE TIME.

France won the Davis Cup so many times.

So, we are most of the time the best in the most important sports:

Football (European cup, first in Fifa Ranking)

Taek-wan-do (World champions)

Tennis (Davis cup)

Cycling (French winners in Olympic Games, Tour de France, etc)

PS. Visitor, I think that this is IMPORTANT, your favourite word.
Guest   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:16 am GMT
My favourite word is D I S I N T I G R A T I O N. I'm French, remember...
Guest   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:19 am GMT
My favourite word is D I S I N T I G R A T I O N. I'm Spanish, remember...
Visitor   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:55 am GMT
I forgot to include another famous French Canadian writer.

ROBERT DICKSON (July 23, 1944 – March 19, 2007) was a Canadian poet, translator and academic.

Dickson formerly worked as a professor for le Département d'études françaises et de traduction (Department of French Studies and Translation) at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario. He won the Governor General's Award for French language poetry in 2002, for his book Humains paysages en temps de paix relative ("Human Landscapes in Times of Relative Peace").

Dickson also wrote songs for the Franco-Ontarian folk rock group CANO in the 1970s. He also translated both French and English literary works, including English translations of works by Jean-Marc Dalpé and French translations of works by Tomson Highway.
Visitor   Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:13 am GMT
NANCY LOUISE HUSTON (born September 16, 1953) is a Canadian-born novelist and essayist who writes primarily in French and translates her own works into English.
Contents

Huston was born in Calgary, Alberta in Canada, the city in which she lived until age fifteen, at which time her family moved to Wilton, New Hampshire, USA. She studied at Sarah Lawrence College in New York, where she was given the opportunity to spend a year of her studies in Paris. Arriving in Paris in 1973, Huston obtained a Master's Degree from the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, writing a thesis on swear words under the supervision of Roland Barthes.

Ms. Huston lives in Paris with her husband Tzvetan Todorov and their two children.