Do you feel concerned with the extinction of lanuages?

Visitor   Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:42 pm GMT
Yeah, I'm so sorry for Spanish...
Shoimu   Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:45 pm GMT
Visitor Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:42 pm GMT
========
YOu even consider Spanish as a MINOR tongue like Hottentot, Fang, Buby, Sranan Tongo, Tamil, Telugu, Chuang, Miao, Wu, Tok Pisin, and Hiri Motu?
Wise Guy   Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 pm GMT
"YOu even consider Spanish as a minority tongue?"

Of course. Spanish may be spoken by 300 million mother tongue and one of the languages spoken by over 100 million a big language but the problem is it's disintegrating that would result into numerous new languages:

French, Russian, English, Chinese, Hindi, Arabic, Bengali, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and even can Hottentot, Fang, Buby, Sranan Tongo, Tamil, Telugu, Chuang, Miao, Wu, Tok Pisin, and Hiri Motu survive.

Spanish language won't survive.

Selected references:
Angel Rama (1996) The Lettered City. Duke University Press.
[spelling reform after independence, p. 43ff; foundation of Spanish American Academies, Cuervo, Caro & Bello p. 59ff]
Julio Ramos (1989) Desenceuntros de la modernidad en América Latina. Literatura y política en el siglo XIX. Tierra Firme, México.
[Ch. II sobre Bello]
Julio Ramos (1996) Paradojas de la letra. Ediciones eXcultura, Caracas, Miami, Quito.
[Ch. 1 sobre Bello]

http://www.tulane.edu/~howard/Pubs/LALangPol.html
Monsieur   Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:52 pm GMT
French is the first language in all the Francophone Communities. Besides, it is the first language in other 55 countries or states.

On the other hand, Castilian Spanish is only the first one in Castilia and Antoquia, only two places and one of them is slighty bigger than a Baseball.
Your doctor Freud   Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:59 pm GMT
You copy very well. Congratulations. Now you can take your pills and go to your bed.

Noooo, to fuck your dog "Franco" is not a good idea!

Nooooo, to fuck your monkey "Phonie" neither.

Take it easy! Yes, go to your room, to your bed.

OK, good boy!
Monsieur Blanc   Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:00 am GMT
Oui, l'espagnol est la quatrième plus grande LOCOteurs indigènes après le chinois, l'hindi et l'anglais ... mais le français a le plus grand nombre de locuteurs secondaires avant d'anglophones et le deuxième plus grand nombre qui le parlent comme une acquisition de la langue après l'anglais.
Freud again   Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:10 am GMT
Noooo to your computer noooo, keep calm, pleaseee

Yes, yes, French is also the most important language in the Moon.

Yes, also in Greenland

And in the United States, China and Papua.

Go to sleep now, pleaseeeee

Thank You
Freud returns   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 am GMT
Noooo to your computer noooo, keep calm, pleaseee

Yes, yes, Spanish is also the most important language in the Mercury.

Yes, also in Arctic Ocean

And in the India, China and Papua.

Go to sleep now, pleaseeeee

Thank You
Your Psychiatrist Freud   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:03 am GMT
You post non-sense and baseless texts very well. Pitiful. Now you can take your marijuana and take your siesta.

Noooo, to fuck your cat "Franco" is not a good idea!

Nooooo, to fuck your orangutan "Phonie" neither.

Take it easy! Yes, go to your room, to your bed.

OK, good boy!
Jung   Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:03 am GMT
A tale of two questions.

. How many children born from hairy smelly Hispanic immigrants in USA?
. How many pupils/students are learning Spanish in USA?

If the latter figure is lower than the other (it is), it just means Spanish is LOOSING GROUND in absolute terms.

Now prove me wrong.
blepman   Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:24 am GMT
great expectations.

. Observe the projected population growth in Latin America

. Observe the projected population growth in the United States

If the former figure is more than double that of the latter, it just means that your prognosis based purely on number of Spanish speakers is inherently flawed.

youve been proven wrong by the son of a hairy, smelly immigrant
Latino   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:31 am GMT
Jung or blepman, I only know that there are 60 million of Hispanics in USA.

They are the majority population in Puerto Rico and New Mexico. At the same time, Spanish is second in 43 States.
Caspian   Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 am GMT
French isn't going to die out, stop being stupid. Just because it's too difficult for you to learn doesn't mean it's going to die out.
opinion   Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:18 am GMT
French is easy! I'm not a Spaniard, though
suomalainen   Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 am GMT
This topic is about the extinction of languages. Greatness of French could be shown by making efforts to save your invaluable minority languages. It has been said that how you treat your minorities is a measure of civilization. I agree.
I think it is always so sad to read about the vanishing minority languages all around the world. I also have sad feelings when I remember the last native speakers of Livonian whom I was able to learn to know. Now there are no fluent native speakers left in Latvia. It is a duty of honour for every nation to preserve their own minority languages.