Which country has the best Spanish?

Kess   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:23 pm GMT
Valladolid, Spain
León, Spain

I don't think so...

In Valladolid they use SH-like sound for S: fieshta, sounds a bit Portuguese.
And in León (as well in Asturias, Galicia, Canarias) simple past is preferred: Ya comiste, Le vi esta noche....It's dialectal within Spain.
Rulo   Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:04 pm GMT
<<every Spanish in the world loses D's, if not completely, than it's softened, but it never sounds like in French or in English.>>

That's incorrect, in Mexico they do pronounce all letters, in fact not pronoucing all letters is seen a uneducated.
cielo   Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:33 pm GMT
In Valladolid they use SH-like sound for S: fieshta, sounds a bit Portuguese.

It's common to all Spaniards except for the Andalusians and Canarians.

And the D sound is 95% pronounced as TH (this) in English. Think about it.
here are some words and compare them:
1st group where D sounds like D in French and English:
dar, dinamarca, dragón, trabajando
2nd group is softened
nada, Madrid, cantado, madre, leopardo etc...
Miami Lova   Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:42 pm GMT
Most people from Madrid would pronounce it: cantao and not cantado.
This may be accepted there but it's considered vulgar/low class in Latin America.
Guest   Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:22 pm GMT
Valladolid, Spain
León, Spain
Burgos, Spain

These cities are traditionally known as the realm of the Castilian language, but they have the ugly laismo-leismo-loismo thing, so for me they are disqualified .I find particuarly beautiful Spanish spoken in Valencia (by native Spanish speakers I mean). Even Valencian speakers also speak very good Spanish for my taste as their accent is not as strong as in the case of Catalonia.
!   Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:11 am GMT
Which country has the best Spanish? -Hispanic countries Spanish is the Casilias (not Castilian) or inodoro form.
Kumar   Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:14 am GMT
The Spanish spoken by the Indians and hindus in spain (almost 50% of the population is South Asian and gypsy)

PS. At least all of them, hindu Spaniards and Iberian Spaniards hate the Americans and all the Western cultures. They have a lot in common!

Namaskar, mi amigos!
Jipioso   Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:37 am GMT
Es "Mis amigos", animal.
Antimooner K. T.   Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 am GMT
"At least all of them, hindu Spaniards and Iberian Spaniards hate the Americans and all the Western cultures."

They do? Do they reject medical care from Western cultures?
Jipieux   Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:43 am GMT
<< Es "Mis amigos", animal. >>

C'est qu'un erreur typographique, merde!
Luca   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 pm GMT
Spanish from Central-North Spain; it is the original one and really the best.
poiu   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:54 pm GMT
I prefer European Spanish and I don't particularly like American varieties. Spanish without c/z sound is less distinctive
Mi novio es un zombi   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:19 pm GMT
This may be accepted there but it's considered vulgar/low class in Latin America.

Who cares in Spain what the Latin American think?. In Spain everything related to Latin American is considered vulgar.
Luca   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 pm GMT
The ones Who think that everything related to latin american is vulgar are ignorant and miss a lot