the nicest Italian dialect

Italy lover   Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm GMT
Which is the nicest and funniest Italian dialect in your opinion? As far as I am concerned I do not particularly like the Northern ones, but I like Tuscan and Sicilian a lot.
Kelly   Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:55 pm GMT
Central accents are the closest to the Italian standard (Tuscan, Roman, Umbrian)...Today, Roman accent is very influent (because most singers are Roman, and RAI is in Rome), not to be confused with romanesco (which is a Roman dialect of Lazio, now fortunately restricted to suburbs of Rome)...

Alessia Marcuzzi is from Rome, her accent is flawless
Simona Ventura is from Bologna, her accent is very ugly
Lillie   Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 pm GMT
I think the topic should be ''the nicest Italian accent'', since dialects are no longer used (aside from Veneto and some regions in the South)...Most people in Rome don't speak romanesco anymore, they speak standard Italian with a Roman accent (lingua toscana in bocca romana)...the same is true of Milanesi, most people don't speak the dialect anymore, but they try to speak Standard Italian with a Milanese-flavor (with is not so correct according to pronunciation norms based on Tuscan-Roman model)...
Evinória   Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:55 pm GMT
they all sound the same 2 me
Guest   Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 pm GMT
mavaffanculocorrado
reality   Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:56 am GMT
I think the topic should be ''the nicest Italian accent'', since dialects are no longer used (aside from Veneto and some regions in the South

This is not completely true: dialects are largely spoken outside the big cities and by old generations, particularly in informal situations.
Lillie   Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:27 pm GMT
Regions where dialect is spoken the most

1982 Home Outside
1 Veneto and Friuli Sardegna
2 Sicilia (73.1%) Veneto and Friuli
3 Campania and Abruzzi (58.7%) Campania and Abruzzi
4 Sardegna (54.2%) Sicilia

Use of dialect and Italian in all contexts (1996)

Only Dialect 14%
Only Italian 24%
Alternates between them 62%

http://www.abruzzomoliseheritagesociety.org/defina1.htm
matko   Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:54 pm GMT
mavaffanculocorrado

oh, there are some people who know this guy already. I'm shocked! :)
gayus mortus   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:16 pm GMT
non of them! they all sound gayish ish ish
European   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 pm GMT
Dialects of Italian are regional varieties (Tuscan, Central Italian) which are closely related to Standard Italian, while the terms Dialects of Italy is suggested for those idioms, such as Neapolitan, Sicilian, and Gallo-Italian languages which show considerable differences in grammar, syntax and vocabulary. Yet, in italian these two different definitions are translated with the same words "Dialetti italiani" leading to the conviction that all of them are varieties of standard italian (e.g. Venetian language has a very different grammar from Italian, still it is popularly held for a variety derived from standard italian). Many "dialects of Italy" should thus be considered distinct languages in their own right, and actually are assigned to separate branches on the Romance language family tree by Ethnologue and other academic works. However, for historical, cultural and political reasons, these idioms have not yet been given an official status, nor have they developed a unified written standard.It should be remembered that Sardinian, Ladin and Friulian are considered as completely distinct languages. All the dialects of Italy have many variety inside, especially in Northern dialects, where the fragmentation in different states was harder and where there was isolation because of the mountains. For example Venetan, though being syntactically and morphologically "one", is traditionally divided into Venetian (variety spoken in Venice), northern venetan (spoken in Feltre-Belluno), central venetan (spoken in Padua,Vicenza and with slight differences in Rovigo provinces), Veronese (spoken in Verona prov.) and Trevisan (spoken in Treviso prov.)
PARISIEN   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 pm GMT
Non so gl'Italiani condividono la mio opinione, ma mi piace sopratutto il modo di parlare dei Torinesi. Chiaro, preciso, facilissimo a capire.

I dialetti del Veneto hanno il loro fascino, ma onestamente, la prima volta che si sente, suonano come omosessuali ubriachi...
reality   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 pm GMT
Does Italian sound gayish?? What about French, Brazilian or RP English???
moineau   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:40 pm GMT
Non so gl'Italiani condividono la mio opinione, ma mi piace sopratutto il modo di parlare dei Torinesi

Il vocalismo dei torinesi non corrisponde affatto all'Italiano standard. Preferisco il toscano, un italiano con venature arcaiche, affascinantissimo.
Lusito   Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 pm GMT
Toscano solo conosce le vocali aperte: ventitrè, perchè, bèlla stèlla, amòre
it sounds like a foreign accent of Italian
reality   Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:33 pm GMT
ventitrè, perchè, bèlla stèlla, amòre: in Tuscan is ventitré, perché bèlla stélla and amore.

What??
Lusito don't talk about things you don't know please!
Tuscan has the same vowels as Italian standard. Probably you mix Tuscan with Sicilian or Milanese