English has no curses, why?

Adam   Wed May 02, 2007 6:59 pm GMT
I've always been brought up to know that the word "cunt" is the rudest, foulest word in the English language.
Liz   Wed May 02, 2007 7:03 pm GMT
Is "bollocks" that severe? :-)

"Motherfucker" is the foulest word to me, because of its meaning.
Guest   Wed May 02, 2007 7:39 pm GMT
I am from Pakistan. I take offence at the word paki. A racial slur. I'd suggest from moderator of this forum to delete Adam's post. Although he could provide the link only. I dont like his copy and paste stuff.
Guest   Wed May 02, 2007 8:11 pm GMT
"fuck"
"motherfucker"
"cocksucker"
"dick"
"dickhead"
"shit"
"bitch"
"piss"
"hell"
"damn"
"ass"
"crap"

Just two words? Really? While it's true that some curse words are stronger than others, there's more than two curse words.
Guest   Wed May 02, 2007 8:13 pm GMT
I forgot "asshole".
Guest   Wed May 02, 2007 8:36 pm GMT
dipshit
shithole
Guest   Wed May 02, 2007 11:12 pm GMT
Isnt it funny that a non-serious topic has generated more responses than a serious topic?
furrykef   Thu May 03, 2007 1:05 am GMT
> I am from Pakistan. I take offence at the word paki. A racial slur. I'd suggest from moderator of this forum to delete Adam's post.

Let me get this straight. You clicked on a thread about curse words and you're surprised to find a word that offends you in a list of offensive words?

- Kef
Ole   Thu May 03, 2007 1:12 am GMT
nigger is not a curse, black people call each other that all the time
furrykef   Thu May 03, 2007 3:43 am GMT
That's just a matter of terminology/semantics.
Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 4:43 am GMT
Kef, okay, I give a benefit of doubt to Adam. Anyways, I dont have time for reading such stupid stuff. I hardly ever care about what other people do or think...so this list of curse words is no use to me. I have got better things to do in my life.
Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 10:17 am GMT
<<Kef, okay, I give a benefit of doubt to Adam. Anyways, I dont have time for reading such stupid stuff. I hardly ever care about what other people do or think...so this list of curse words is no use to me. I have got better things to do in my life.>>

Then you shouldn't be in this thread.
Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 11:26 am GMT
English is the most coarse, gross and vulgar language of all. Take better information before talikng
Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 3:31 pm GMT
<Then you shouldn't be in this thread. ,>

I just let you know my pov on this whole issue. It does no take too much time out of my busy schedule.
furrykef   Thu May 03, 2007 9:33 pm GMT
> English is the most coarse, gross and vulgar language of all.

My hunch is that if you believe this, you just don't know enough languages. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if that award goes to an African language. There is a reason that it was African-Americans who invented (or popularized) the word "motherfucker".

- Kef