Easiest Spanish version & Hardest Spanish version

Trilingual   Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:20 pm GMT
Which one do you think is the hardest and the easiest Spanish version?

* To me the hardest is European Spanish because you have to make the difference between S, C and Z and also they use Vosotros so if I tried to talk to a Spanish Speaker from Latin America, I would have some trouble, I've also heard that Caribbean Spanish is also quite difficult because they don't pronounce all the S's.

* The easiest one, I don't know I would need to listen to all of them.

Please do not answer: "I think it is Puerto Rican because that's the one I'm learning"
Guest   Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:22 pm GMT
Hardest: Andalussian Spanish and Cuban/Portorican Spanish

Easiest: Mexican and Castilian Spanish

The rest are more on less in the middle: Argentinian Spanish, Venezuelan...
Guest   Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:54 pm GMT
Easiest Spanish version is Chamorro, Chavacano, and Papiamento.
Guest   Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:42 pm GMT
Castilian Spanish the easiest one?? Are you sure? In my opinion it's probably the most difficult. One of the easiest version is mexican
Guest   Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:20 pm GMT
Castilian Spanish is easy because speakers distinguish between s and z, so you will not make mistakes when writing and pronounciation is clear and all letters are pronounced. This make it easy. While on the other hand Caribean or Andalusian Spanish pronounce the s , z and c (ce , ci) the same way, many s are dropped or aspired, and other consonants as well, for example: pescado -> pescao, cantar -> cantá. In Caribean Spanish even r is pronounced like a l ( amor becomes amol) Obviously these elements make such dialects much more difficult.
Guest   Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 pm GMT
I've heard A LOT of Spaniards that don't pronounce all the S's when they talk.
Guest   Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:31 pm GMT
Yes, Southern spaniards do it all the time They do not speak Castilian Spanish but Andalusian, or some transitional dialects like Murcian, Extremaduran or Madrilean to some extent.