Estan pronunciadas las mismas?

Emilie   Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:55 pm GMT
Estas palabras:

"va a ser" y "va a hacer"
Guest   Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:06 pm GMT
Hola, mira no se pronuncian igual, la primera se pronuncia como suena "va-a-ser" y en la segunda se tiene que pronunciar la A dos veces por que esta repetida dos veces osease "va-a-acer", saludos.

Por cierto, la pregunta esta un poco extraña, de la siguiente forma sonaria mas natural: "¿Se pronuncian igual?"
Guest   Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:30 pm GMT
"va a hacer" is quite a patohlogical combination of words since you have to pronounce the vowel a three times. Think of it as the letter a in car but pronounced a little bit longer: caar. In the case of "va a ser" you have to pronounce a long a as well, but ser has s and hacer has c, which represent different sounds depending of the Spanish dialect . If such distinction is not present "va a hacer" and "va a ser" are pronounced the same.
Guest   Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:50 pm GMT
No, they're not pronounced the same unless you said them REALLY fast.
Guest   Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:56 pm GMT
Even at normal pace to pronounce three consecutive a's is the same as to pronounce two consecutive a's . You won't perceive any differences between vaaser and vaaacer (assuming c is pronounced the same as s) since nobody would stress all the three a's and would reduce them to two instead ( vaacer).
Guest   Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:00 pm GMT
but if you were to make emphasis to it (like if someone said "What did you say?"), you would have to pronounce them differently, that's why it's good that you know that the first one is a-a and the second one is a-a-a.
Jose   Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 am GMT
If they are pronounced fast probably they could sound the same but the context would define what is what.

But I think that "va a ser" is less used. Instead "será" would be better, as well "va a hacer" is replaced by "hará".

"La fiesta va a ser en mi casa", but "la fiesta será en mi casa" sounds much better.

"Ella va a hacer las botanas", "ella hará las botanas" sounds much better.
Guest   Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:03 am GMT
Va a hacer is exactly as used as será,. Sometimes it's better to use va a ser and in other cases it's better to say será. Both are future, but va a ser is immediate future.
Jose   Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:15 am GMT
"Va a hacer is exactly as used as será,. "

No, hacer (to do), será (will be).
Guest   Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:48 pm GMT
Va a hacer : He,She,It is going to do
Hara: He,She,It will do.
Rodrigo   Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:48 am GMT
I agree with most of the posters, only in very rapid speech they sound the same. Nevertheless, I have to disagree with Jose, va a ser is more common in daily life, será sounds literary or even harsh because it implies the action is certain, and may sound like an order "No matarás".

It may also be a dialectal difference, the word botanas tells me we speak different dialects.
Guest   Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:00 am GMT
Whether you speak fast or slowly nobody says va-a-acer but va-acer , dropping one a because pronouncing three consecutive ones would be exhausting.
K. Tau   Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:53 am GMT
Is "botanas" a kind of snack? I don't use this word, but I'm curious about it.
K. Tau   Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:59 am GMT
Ah, I think this must be a word used in Mexico, but I could be wrong.

This is what makes Spanish interesting, the words that differ from place to place.
Guest   Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:40 pm GMT
botana means snack in general, don't know what word they use in other countries.