Is English A Sexy Language?

Jim C, York   Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:57 pm GMT
Oh right sorry. You have to understand Scotland is a very cold place, so be kind ;)
Ed   Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:03 pm GMT
I thought the stereotypical Scottish hair colouration had something to do with this too.
Uriel   Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:26 pm GMT
What, being cold or being scary?
minnie   Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:25 pm GMT
I sometimes find it hard to understand a strong Scottish accent. Especially on chatshows! Although a less strong Scottish accent can be very cute. Irish is nice too. There are a few less attractive British accents(SCOUSE! NORTH WALES!) but the typical RP accent is quite sexy.
Jim C, York   Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:39 pm GMT
People from North Wales are very patriotic and welll...a bit psycho. Mainly people from North Wales that do cottage burning, and tried to set up the Welsh version of the IRA, they tried to blow up a dam i think. No offence to the North Welsh, I love Wales. Just from what I have heard.
American guy   Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:31 am GMT
I'm afraid I don't find the scottish accent very "sexy." However I do believe the English language can be "sexy" with different accents. I don't really know how my Texas accent sounds to other people, but for me, having lived in the U.S. for so long, anything sounds exotic. I especially like English and Austrailian, but sad to say, Scottish doesn't do it for me.
NC Chic   Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:35 am GMT
Tis too bad American guy...I adore Scottish accents, or any other accent from the British Isle's. *sigh* I'm American too, so as you said anything other than the southern accent in the US is awesome by me. Soft Aussie accents on guys is music to my ears as well.
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:42 pm GMT
I have a book called "The Nation's Favourite Love Poems" (a selection of Romantic Verse). (published by BBC Books).

It shows how truly sexy the English Language can be without being crude or lewd...erotic without being licentious.
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:52 pm GMT
We can be as scary as we feel we need to be but normally we're just wee timorous beasties! I've never felt the need to raise the front of my kilt at any time...at least not manually.....

I'm not too sure about hair colouration.....maybe we do have a few more redheads here than elsewhere, but as elsewhere....we have a fair mix of all colours I reckon. Looking around my office there seem to be one other blond bloke, a blond lassie, a number of dark haired people m&f and a couple of grey haired oldies...not a readhead in sight.

back to work now....cheers
Damian   Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:53 pm GMT
blondE lassie soz
Jim C, York   Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:55 pm GMT
My favourite line from Black Adder, Back and Forth.
Blackadder has gone back in time to Hadrians wall at the time of the Romans..
Baldrick: "Blackadder? There's a big orange hedge moving towards us?, and its screaming"

It just happens to be a load of Scots charging the wall, very funny. Especialy the camp Romans.

My hair started off completly white, then it went ginger, then brown and now its jet black. And no i dont dye it. Weird eh?
me   Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:54 pm GMT
Blackadder quote.

"Its just a stab in the dark which is precisely what you'll be getting if your not more helpful"

Insert your own context. I've used it many times!
To damian   Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:57 pm GMT
What happened to the bird you had?
Candy   Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:53 pm GMT
Damian had a bird?? Was it a budgie? Or a parrot? Or maybe something more exotic? Tell us, tell us! ;)
Uriel   Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:00 pm GMT
He found a dove that had gone a couple rounds with a cat.