The Name "PICASSO"

Guest   Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:21 pm GMT
<<Picasso was born in Malaga ,Andalusia. He was not from Catalonia.>>

Right. He was brought up in various places in Spain but his favourite town was Barcelona. He had a very strong emotional link to the Catalan metropolis, described it as his true hometown, and always wanted his own collection to be gathered there
Guest   Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:23 pm GMT
Everyone thinks he is great. I've seen his art all around the world and I only like his early stuff. There's so much of his art. Is it really valuable?
Guest   Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:38 pm GMT
Right. He was brought up in various places in Spain but his favourite town was Barcelona. He had a very strong emotional link to the Catalan metropolis, described it as his true hometown, and always wanted his own collection to be gathered there.

He never said that. There is a collection of Picasso's works in Malaga, his hometown, because it was his dessire . There is no collection in Cataluña.
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:14 am GMT
<<There is no collection in Cataluña.>>

Really?

"El Museo Picasso de Barcelona es el centro de referencia para el conocimiento de los años de formación de Pablo Picasso. A través de las más de 3.600 obras que conforman la colección permanente se desvela el genio del joven artista. Pero el Museo Picasso es también el testimonio de su vínculo con Barcelona. Un vínculo estrecho e inseparable forjado en su adolescencia y juventud, y que se prolongó hasta su muerte."

http://www.museupicasso.bcn.es/cast/index_cast.htm

Gracias a la voluntad de Picasso y de su amigo Jaume Sabartés, Barcelona dispone hoy de la obra de juventud de uno de los artistas más significativos de la escena artística del siglo XX.
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:19 am GMT
Velásquez was a great painter. Mejor que you-know-who in my book.
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:10 pm GMT
"Gracias a la voluntad de Picasso y de su amigo Jaume Sabartés, Barcelona dispone hoy de la obra de juventud de uno de los artistas"

That collection belongs to his secretary who coincidentally was a Catalan and as you say, it has only his early paints. Therefore it's far from being a complete collection of Picasso's art. Only the collection located in Malaga was a consequence of the express desire of Picasso and his family so his hometown always remembered him.Picasso is much more linked to France than he is to Cataluña, he spent most of his time there and many Picassian works are related to French landscapes and people, so if Picasso wasn't Analussian he would be French undoubtly, but the reality is that he is Spanish, Andalussian to be more precise and he travelled a lot and changed his residence like bohemian people do. Period. Other interpretations are only product of extreme envy.
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:20 pm GMT
*paintings
Salvador   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:27 pm GMT
I did never like Picasso´s "paintings"
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:31 pm GMT
That's so because you lack any sense of taste.
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:07 pm GMT
btw: "Good taste" and Picasso do not fit together
Guest   Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:24 pm GMT
Mi madre un día me dijo: "Si te haces soldado, serás General; si te haces monje, terminarás como el Papa." En cambio, me hice pintor y ahora soy Picasso.
One day, my mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you will be a general; if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope." Instead, I became a painter and now I am Picasso.
Ajo y agua -> A joderse y aguantarse.