Wallonia must be part of FRANCE

Louvain-la-neuve   Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 18:06 GMT
Hi all.
I'm from Belgium......No actually I am from Wallonia (that's to say southern belgium). Belgium is a country divided into 2 main linguistic communities:
- the flemish in the north who speak a dutch dialect
- the walloon in the south who speak french (and actually who are french)

All along the 20Th century, the flemish tried to separate from us because they don't like our french culture (and also because they have been prevented from speaking flemish because it was bad-regarded in the 19 th century), and now the flemish fascist party (the Vlaams belang) is becoming the first party in Flanders (many of its historical leaders are former nazis...)

Therefore, as a walloon, I consider myself as a french person. My mother tongue is french and my "cultural homeland" is France.
Belgium is nothing but a mistake in the history created by diplomatic powers such as great britain and germany in 1830.
Anyways, in 20 years Belgium will be dead. So I think wallonia will have to be annexed by france, because we are french!!!
Jean-Pierre   Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 20:08 GMT
Don't you have a wee bit of dignity ? Wallon is a very old dialect of french , you might even call it a regional language ( I presume you don't even speak this dialect ). It's people like you that bring your fellow-wallons down ! I love our flemish neighbours and I think we did some nasty things to them in the past :
- We didn't allow Flemish to be an official language of Belgium
- We started moving up the language-frontier and now almost 80 % of Brussels is wallon ( while it was and should be a flemish city )
- We use A LOT more money than the Flemish . We wallons have a total number of 3000 000 people and the Flemish 6000 000

So what you're saying is neither true or fair !
Ved   Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 21:25 GMT
I think Belgium is a very nice country and I hope it survives.
Tiste   Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 12:07 GMT
Wallonia also belonged to the Roman Empire ,Spain, Holland and Austria ... Should it be returned to them ? NOOOOOOO of course not ! Why should the France be an exception ?
Tiste   Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 13:17 GMT
<Why should the France be an exception ?>
I meant the FRENCH
Xatufan   Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 18:43 GMT
Wallon language is the most northern Romance language, and the one which resembles most to Germanic languages.

Louvain-la-neuve: Two centuries ago, here in South America, Spaniards born in America decided to become free. They loved the land where they were born. The same might be applied to you, I think.
vincenç   Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 19:57 GMT
I'm french "by law" (I consider myself as occitan, only my passport is french) and i think it'd be better for the belgian french speaking community to live in an independent Wallonie.
Croyez-moi, si vous devenez français vous allez vous en mordre les doigts, la France est si chiante (dans tous les sens du terme, elle nous casse les couilles).
Stiène   Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 23:34 GMT
:::Belgium is nothing but a mistake in the history created by diplomatic powers such as great britain and germany in 1830. Anyways, in 20 years Belgium will be dead. So I think wallonia will have to be annexed by france, because we are french!!!

A l' grand vê qu ' c'èst d' ça ! Il a-st oyou braire on vea, mins s' ni sét i pus divins ké ståve.
someone   Thursday, January 13, 2005, 06:47 GMT
Croyez-moi, si vous devenez français vous allez vous en mordre les doigts, la France est si chiante (dans tous les sens du terme, elle nous casse les couilles).
http://world.altavista.com/tr
Believe me, if you become French you will bite yourselves the fingers of them, France is if shitting (in all the directions of the term, it breaks us the testicles).
LOL Is that really what you mean?
vincenç   Thursday, January 13, 2005, 08:04 GMT
You know, these automatic translation softwares suck. I used typical popular french expressions that sound strange if you translate them "word by word". I meant that if the Walloons become french citizens, they will regret having made this decision ("vous allez vous en mordre les doigts"), France is so boring (but much stronger, "chiante", more than a pain in the neck, a boring irritating country which makes you shit), we cannot put up with her ("casser les couilles"). All this is slang.
Sérieux nous on ne veut pas être français et vous vous voulez. Réfléchissez-y bien.Think twice before making your decision.
Louvain-la-neuve   Thursday, January 13, 2005, 17:52 GMT
Vincenç, je respecte ta position. Cependant je connais assez bien le sud de la France, pour y avoir de nombreux amis, pour dire que ta position est ULTRA-minoritaire. Lorsque tu dis: "nous on ne veut pas être français et vous vous voulez. Réfléchissez-y bien", ça n'engage que toi!!! Tous les gens du sud (ceux que tu considères comme occitans) que j'ai rencontrés son fiers et heureux d'être français. Et puis, je te rappelle que la langue française n'a jamais été "importée" en wallonie (c'est notre langue, le wallon étant l'un des nombreux dialectes du français ou langue d'oïl...).

sorry for those who don't understand french...
Fredrik from Norway   Friday, January 14, 2005, 01:07 GMT
Although power in France is very centred in Paris, you will be much closer to Paris than much of the rest of France, so why not?
Xatufan   Saturday, January 15, 2005, 01:54 GMT
Talking about French... I read that French language is a pidgin between Vulgar Latin and Germanic languages nearby. Is that true? Because if it is, French might not be a real Romance language. Anyway, Italian is also an "invented", standarized language because it is a mixture of a Tuscany dialect and other dialects.
Charlie   Saturday, January 15, 2005, 02:17 GMT
That's the same of all Romance langauges, including Spanish. All of them are some form of Vulgar Latin - Germanic - Celtic - XYZ mix. Does that mean Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese are not Romance languages? Nah.
Camundongo   Saturday, January 15, 2005, 18:13 GMT
France do not want to annex poor Wallonia.
Walloon towns like Mons are nice, but they are not as clean and rich as Flemish towns (like Brugge). And Flemish people seem to be more educated, most of them speaking English and/or French.Waloon people never want to learn languages other than French.

Wallon people should be thankful to Flemish since Flanders is putting 75 % of money into Belgian funds...And much of this money is used to help
empoverished Walloonia.

I don't think France would be that generous...

Waloon is cultural colony of France, and 90 % of singles on Waloon Ultratop 50 (singles chart) are those by French artists (songs/artists from France). When you take a look at Flemish Ultratop 50 you will see that 80 % of artists are Flemish (singing in English or Dutch).

60 % of Belgium's population is Dutch-speaking!
(This number includes 20 % of Brussel's population!)

Famous Belgian acts are Dutch-speaking:

IAN VAN DAHL
LASGO
MILK INC
KIRA
DEE DEE
SYLVER
JESSY
ORION TOO
KATE RYAN

There is also a German-speaking part of Belgium but they never
argue that they might be annexed to Germany.