Languages in the EU

Guest2   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:40 am GMT
Guest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:45 am GMT
As for Sweden, the number of Spanish speakers is 5% and Italian is more popular there than Spanish.

The map says that the actual number is beyond 10% not 5%. You are jealous.
Guest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:32 pm GMT
Only God knows how many people speak Spanish, French and Italian there.
Guest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:33 pm GMT
God does not exist.
God   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 pm GMT
<<God does not exist.>>

Do not deny my existence! I am right here, watching your wicked ways.
Guest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:30 pm GMT
all these data are pure idiocy and people who post data without any knowledge of teh truth is an idiot too
Guest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:36 pm GMT
It would be a GREAT thing if everybody can stop posting idiot data from shittypedia once for all, you seem a 10 y.o. doing a school research. Everybody with a minimum of culture knows well that data in that site are wrong because everybody can write what he wants even if he has primary school and data are not controlled. The maps, data, percentages etc. in shittypedia are idiotic and manipuilated and only people with a vey low culture level can believe them.
If you want to post data take them from a reliable source like a reliable book and nor from the net, but i think it is asking too much.
Guest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:36 pm GMT
I spit at God.
God killer   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 pm GMT
It is true that you can write at Wikipedia what you want. But it is true as well that plain false data have a very short time of living since there is a great community of people who revise the articles. You can do the proof, if it is so easy to cheat the Wikipedia, specially the English version, go and modify this article about languages in the EU. For example edit it so it says that Italian is the most studied foreign language in Germany.
guest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 pm GMT
<<I spit at God.>>

That's quite alright. He's a Big God; He can take it ;)
God   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 pm GMT
Ha, thy spit will not deter me from wreaking good and justice across the world. Ha, thou spitest upon me, but I wipe it off and forgive thee thy sins. For thus is my righteous nature for I am thy creator and the one who will decide whether thou deservest eternal life or eternal suffering in the abyss of hell-fire and mutants.
JLK   Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:22 am GMT
Can you guys please stop initiating these sorts of threads. They lead nowhere. No website or person can tell you which language you should learn. That is a personal choice. In Europe, the practical language depends on where you are. In much of Central and Eastern Europe, you'll do well with German. In Continental Western Europe, French will be an excellent aid in your travels. It all depends on where you want to go. My preference is German because I like the sound of it and the literature. Because of my educational background (Finance), German will probably end up being of greater use in my career than French. These are just some of the factors that you should consider...
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 am GMT
Germand sounds like dogs barking but yes its literature is important.
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 am GMT
Getting back to the original question, if you already know Spanish, you might as well go ahead and try French next. French is close enough to Spanish so that you'll have a head start. On the other hand German is horrendously difficult to learn (: just ask Mark Twain:) -- sort of like English on steroids.
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:02 am GMT
I believed that the English speakers could learn German as easily as the French speakers learn Spanish. Am I wrong? Why is German so difficult for the English speakers? If it is diffcult for them figure out how difficult German must be for the Spanish speakers. Maybe that is the reason why only 3% of people in Spain speak German, the lowest percentage in the EU.