language of democracy?

Guest   Sat May 10, 2008 12:02 am GMT
Equality is a fantasy. People are unequal by nature. If you refer to equal rights, do you think that a blind person has the right to drive? For the same reason gay coupes can't marry, since matrimony is an institution by which the state provides a legal frame to heterosexual couples so they can have babies and the State needs babies to exist. Gay couples are sterile so the State is not compelled to recognize those unions.
JLK   Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am GMT
<<Constitution états-unienne (Nord + Sud) : « Les représentants et les impôts directs seront répartis entre les différents États qui pourront faire partie de cet Union, proportionnellement au nombre de leurs habitants, qui sera déterminé en ajoutant au nombre total des personnes libres, y compris celles qui se sont louées pour un nombre d'années déterminé, mais à l'exclusion des Indiens non soumis à l'impôt, trois cinquièmes de toutes les autres personnes. »
En clair les Indiens non soumis à l'impôt ne comptent pour rien dans la fixation du nombre de représentants par état. D'autre part les esclaves (= les personnes non libres) comptent à hauteur de 60 % : dans le calcul de la représentation des états, il faut justifier de cinq esclaves pour considérer que la population d'un état quelconque puisse être augmentée de trois têtes.>>

You need to provide me with the article number and document in English. It is sacrilege to put the divinely inspired words of the founding fathers in a foreign language. However, I am glad that you have taken the time to educate yourself in regards to the American constitution. It must be something that greatly interests you!

Your one-sided hypocrisy is begin to irritate me. I admit America has made some mistakes. Now you do the same with your beloved France. Colonial France enslaved blacks in Africa for hundreds of years. They treated the Africans notoriously bad. France supported the Hutu-Tutsi genocide in the 1990s where nearly a million people died. Let us not also forget the massacres in Indo-China. You try to portray France as a nation as innocent as a lamb, but it is truly one with a history of bloodshed and violence.

Greg, one last word. You are a complete head case. It amuses me still that whenever you see a post of mine, you feel the need to write these long sardonic critiques that reek of profound ignorance.
Puto   Sat May 10, 2008 12:22 am GMT
El idioma de la democracia es sin duda el español. España fue la primera democracia del siglo y ha mantenido los derechos humanos en buen estado durante muchos años. Hoy hasta los gays tienen derecho a follarse sin perder la vida. Me siento muy orgulloso de ser español (un español gay, por cierto)
Guest   Sat May 10, 2008 12:27 am GMT
La democracia está sobrevalorada. El mejor régimen es la anarquía donde mande el más fuerte.
greg   Sat May 10, 2008 11:20 am GMT
JLK : « You need to provide me with the article number and document in English. »

Tu veux pas cent balles et un Mars aussi ? Quelle paresse...

JLK : « It is sacrilege to put the divinely inspired words of the founding fathers in a foreign language. »

Le loup sort du bois de sorte que chacun peut voir son visage hideux.

JLK : « However, I am glad that you have taken the time to educate yourself in regards to the American constitution. »

Heureux d'avoir contribué à ton bonheur.

JLK : « Your one-sided hypocrisy is begin to irritate me. »

Et voilà que tu te contentes de paraphrases. Un peu court mon ami.

JLK : « Let us not also forget the massacres in Indo-China. »

Si mes souvenirs sont bons, ce n'est pas la France qui a déversé sur le Vietnam plus de bombes que tous les belligérants réunis durant toute la seconde guerre mondiale.

JLK : « You try to portray France as a nation as innocent as a lamb, but it is truly one with a history of bloodshed and violence. »

Non, c'est toi qui affirmes des sottises états-uniocentrées ; toi qui ne supportes pas la contradiction au point de faire dériver ton discours et travestir les propos des autres. Relis-toi attentivement.

JLK : « [...] you feel the need to write these long sardonic critiques that reek of profound ignorance. »

« Passer pour un idiot aux yeux d'un imbécile est une volupté de fin gourmet » → Georges Courteline.
JLK   Sat May 10, 2008 2:57 pm GMT
<<Tu veux pas cent balles et un Mars aussi ? Quelle paresse... >>

Since you had the times to translate it into French, why is it such a task to provide me with the article number so I can verify if the quote is genuine? Unless, you made it up....

<<Si mes souvenirs sont bons, ce n'est pas la France qui a déversé sur le Vietnam plus de bombes que tous les belligérants réunis durant toute la seconde guerre mondiale.>>

We were taking care of your bloody mess. Was it not France that appealed to us to assist them in the first place? You simply can not shower blame on America for your country men's inability to fight and stand strong against forces of evil.

I love how you ignored the subject of the French treatment of Africans in colonial times and the Hutu-Tutsi genocide which the French military supported financially. Your view of history is pathetically lop-sided and perverted.
Guest   Sat May 10, 2008 6:55 pm GMT
I believe this is the section of the constitution in question (from Article I, section 2, paragraph 3):

<<Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.>>

A more interesting part of the consitution is (Article I, section 9, paragraph 1):

<<The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.>>

Note also the near end of Article V:

<<...no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that ...>>