Brazilian vs Portugues; we know!

person   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 pm GMT
Why do Brazilians always post messages like this one?

<<No Brasil a gente prefere a palavra APRENDIZADO.
APRENDIZAGEM cheira a lusitanismo, bem como CÃO em vez de CACHORRO ou ALCUNHA em vez de APELIDO.
Passar bem. >>

Yes, we know Brazilian Portuguese is different to Continental Portuguese. OK, we got the idea. You don't have to point it out any more.
Harman   Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:28 am GMT
Well they can do it so everybody can learn different words between EP and BP.

That's culture man
Choosy   Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 pm GMT
They are dumb, not brazilians!

"No Brasil a gente prefere a palavra APRENDIZADO.."

How they write in Brazil:

Desenvolvimento e Aprendizagem
http://www.crmariocovas.sp.gov.br/dea_l.php?t=001

MANUAL PRATICO DO CRIADOR DE CãES
http://www.sabermarketing.com.br/sistema/ListaProdutos.asp?IDLoja=4836&cch=&Det=True&IDProduto=1517027&q=MANUAL+PRATICO+DO+CRIADOR+DE+C%E3ES%3Cbr%3E254+P%E1ginas%3Cbr%3EDE+TORGUI&1ST=1&Y=7469559635321

Only an idiot or a child would think a language is spoken the exact same way by everybody even in the same country.
The only thing we learn from these posts is that the moron who posts them is unable to understand that all languages have regional varieties.
Boring and dumb.
Lubango   Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 am GMT
Aprendizado looks like a proper word, aprendizagem looks like a Spanish imitation (aprendizaje).
Passado   Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 am GMT
It is strange,that Portugal will change spelling of Portuguese language according to Brazilian Portuguese. Great Britain don't change spelling rules of English language according to American English.
Avenir   Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:08 am GMT
<< It is strange,that Portugal will change spelling of Portuguese language according to Brazilian Portuguese. Great Britain don't change spelling rules of English language according to American English. >>

And so with the Dutch language to Afrikaans orthography.
Ev   Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:26 pm GMT
Eu particularmente prefiro a palavra APRENDIZADO do que APRENDIZAGEM.

É questão de gosto e a Língua Portuguesa do Brasil nos permite escolher. Além disso não é que estejamos sempre demonstrando as diferenças, é que as diferenças existem e não podemos nos fazer de cegos diante delas!
É questão de gosto   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:00 am GMT
This thread is brain dead!
Evinoria   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 am GMT
Lavagem cerebral (Brasil)
Lavagem ao cérebro (Portugal)
Guest   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:19 am GMT
Lavado de cerebro ( Spanish).
Paul   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:35 am GMT
<<It is strange,that Portugal will change spelling of Portuguese language according to Brazilian Portuguese.>>

If I understand correctly, the agreement kind of met half way between both standards.
Diff   Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:31 am GMT
Lavagem cerebral (Brasil)
Lavagem ao cérebro (Portugal) or
Lavagem cerebral (Portugal)
Joao   Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:32 pm GMT
Here are some of the differences:

Bus: autocarro (EUPT), omnibus (BRPT). I think omnibus is a word brough by German immigrants to Brazil, but I am not sure.

Train: comboio (EUPT), trem (BRPT).The word comboio is a corruption of the English word "convoy"

Tram: eléctrico (EUPT), bonde (BRPT)

Glass of draft beer: imperial (EUPT Lisbon), fino (EUPT Oporto), chopo (BRPT)

Shopping mall: Centro Comercial (EUPT), Shopping (BRPT)

Girl: rapariga (EUPT), menina (BRPT). Rapariga is a bad word in Brazil (prostitute), but it litteraly means "girl" in Portugal

Road: estrada (EUPT), rodovia (BRPT)

Polish: Polaco (EUPT), Polonês (BRPT)

Amsterdam: Amesterdão (EUPT), Amsterdã (BRPT)

There is more. If you want to post it, go ahead.

Anyway, it's the same language. The differences are not enough to make a different language. I know I am repeating myself.
Kubanga   Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:39 pm GMT
The more striking differences are in pronunciation (Portuguese movies and sitcoms are therefore dubbed into Brazilian before they can be showed to Brazilian audiences) and syntax.

It's either one macrolanguage: Galego-Lusitano-Português or
three separate languages...
Kubanga   Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:43 pm GMT
The more striking differences are in pronunciation (Portuguese movies and sitcoms are therefore dubbed into Brazilian before they can be showed to Brazilian audiences) and syntax.

It's either one macrolanguage: Galego-Lusitano-Brasileiro or
three separate languages...