Why I don't like French

not kidding   Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:23 pm GMT
A good example of peasant tongue is Spanish, in my view
Guest   Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:29 pm GMT
<<The point is, you have to able to use the richness the language offers to a maximum degree. Some speak their native language as a soulless inefficient medium of communication, very primitively, with the only reason their own laziness or should we say, decadence.
>>
Then French must be the language of decadence without a doubt. Why if not many French told me I used sophisticated words in French when in my native language they are normal and not erudite at all? French words like "reculer" are absolutely the opposite of chic, I prefer "dar la vuelta" even if it's longer.
Sir Walter Scott   Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:31 pm GMT
``Why, how call you those grunting brutes running about on their four legs?'' demanded Wamba.

``Swine, fool, swine,'' said the herd, ``every fool knows that.''

``And swine is good Saxon,'' said the Jester;

``but how call you the sow when she is flayed, and drawn, and quartered, and hung up by the heels, like a traitor?''

``Pork,'' answered the swine-herd.

``I am very glad every fool knows that too,'' said Wamba, ``and pork, I think, is good Norman-French; and so when the brute lives, and is in the charge of a Saxon slave, she goes by her Saxon name; but becomes a Norman, and is called pork, when she is carried to the Castle-hall to feast among the nobles what dost thou think of this, friend Gurth, ha?''

"Pork", a French word, of course, is chic. "Swine" is peasant-language.
Agree   Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:29 pm GMT
"Grenouille",of course,is chic."Frog" or "Frosch" is peasant language.
Guest   Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:50 pm GMT
Я предпочитаю использовать "лягушку" для мужчин, и "жабу" для женщин.

Теперь вы понимаете, как могуч русский язык?
.   Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:58 pm GMT
<<"Pork", a French word, of course, is chic. "Swine" is peasant-language. >>

Then I shall call it "swine-flesh" going forward. Thanks for the insight!
*v*   Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 pm GMT
" When I hear Sarkozy I don't perceive any chicness. "

Sarkozy speaks Jewish French, immigrant French, hyphenated French.
His pronunciation and the grammatical mistakes he does are appalling. A real shame.
Yolanda   Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:03 pm GMT
You see, the French WILL judge you by your French!
idiocy   Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:42 am GMT
What is the stereotype about English?
Guest   Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:54 am GMT
I don't like French because this language is declining. It's better to learn English instead.
Baldewin   Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:17 pm GMT
French is an honest language as I like to label it. You have to work your way up in order to gain prestige. The French judges always are tough, but fair.