Here's my accent sample. In the audio file, I'm reading the Rainbow Passage. If someone could provide an IPA transcription for me, I would really appreciate that.
Feedbacks and comments are welcome
Feedbacks and comments are welcome
Accent and IPA
Here's my accent sample. In the audio file, I'm reading the Rainbow Passage. If someone could provide an IPA transcription for me, I would really appreciate that.
Feedbacks and comments are welcome
I transcribed a reading of the Rainbow Passage for someone here a few weeks ago, and even for someone who's quite familiar with IPA like me, I found it *incredibly* time-consuming to do a decent narrow transcription of it. (This is compounded by the fact that I have to either copy and paste or use a converter tool to get IPA symbols.)
But from listening to it, you seem to be a non-native speaker, but you do a very good General American; the most salient feature seems to be that you generally replace the interdental fricatives [θ], [ð] with [t], [d].
Thanks Lazar, I understand that it is time consuming. Nevertheless, I appreciate your response.
I'll try to transcribe it myself.
Is there no computer program that can translate directly from sound file to IPA?
|