Wallonia must be part of FRANCE

kenny   Monday, January 17, 2005, 19:32 GMT
@ Jordi

Last time the Vlaams Belang (at that time still Vlaams BLOK) got over whole Flanders 18,5% of the votes than you have got the VLD (+/- 22%) , SP-A (+/- 20%) , CD&V (+/- 22%) - GROEN ! (+/- 6%) - N-VA (+/- 5%) - others

if you count 22+22+18.5+20+6+5 = 93.5 (can be wrong on a few procents :-) so long ago )

That means that 3 parties are bigger than the Vlaams Belang but it's true that it's growing because lots of younger people are voting for the Vlaams Belang because foreigners (= Marocans, Turks, Algerians, etc.) get better and faster jobs than us Flemish People because they aren't as educated like us and in Belgian you get paid according to your diploma !!! How more you studied how more you should earn !

Maybe this is an explination
kenny   Monday, January 17, 2005, 19:35 GMT
I'm going to shut of my computer now , so don't expect another respons of me :-)
kenny   Monday, January 17, 2005, 19:38 GMT
Good night to all !!! And sleep well :-P
Tiste   Monday, January 17, 2005, 20:11 GMT
Pierre

What you're saying isn't corect, a fairly large part of Nord pas de Calais was Flemish .About the same size of Wallonia ( Calais is only a french version of Kales ; Lille is Rijssel ; Gravelines is Grevelingen ; Dunkerque is Duinkerke ; Bailleul is Belle, and so on ...) And these people don't want to be french .Have you read any topics in the past? Lots of people want to talk and be flemish once again ! They only talk flemish in secret...Authorities force them to act French , just like the bretons, occitans, basques ... but they're totally different people in heart !

They're just scared flemish souls, trapped a french body...
Tiste   Monday, January 17, 2005, 20:15 GMT
Wow, I think we finally came to an agreement ...
PEACE TO BELGIUM ( ... and if we should split , let's stay friends , OK ? ) :p
Pierre Caroit   Monday, January 17, 2005, 20:28 GMT
Ok Peace!!
May your will of an independent Flanders be true in the future!!!!!!!!!
Flemish Queen Fabiola   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 00:38 GMT
Long live our Flemish Queen Fabiola!
Louvain-la-neuve   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 10:48 GMT
Whow!!!
I come back on this topic and I can say the debate between my fellow Pierre and the flemish is very interesting!!
I hope that beligium will split: It's logical!!! We're really too different. We're two nations with their own history each one.

As for the question of "french flanders". This is a quotation from my dictionnary:
"The geographical region and former county of Flanders contains not only the Belgian provinces but also a part of the present-day French département of Nord, where there is still a small Flemish-speaking minority."

So, you're totally wrong when you say that pas-de-calais is flemish. Just a small part of département of nord is originally flemish.

I live in Tournai which is a walloon city very close to Lille in France (about 20km); I swear that I have never heard the lillois speak in any other language than french (in the streets, at home, everywhere...). I have never heard a lillois speaking flemish. Actually they don't care about flanders...

Oh by the way: General De Gaulle was flemish. Isn't he french as well (lol)???
Jordi   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 13:01 GMT

From the "portail langues de France"
A l’extrême nord de la France, il existe une région qui représente environ un quart de la superficie du département du Nord, où l’on parle le flamand occidental, un dialecte néerlandais. Le nombre de locuteurs n’est pas connu avec précision, les estimations varient entre 30 000 et 100 000 personnes. Il s’agit pour la plupart de gens âgés. Il existe une méthode d’apprentissage du flamand occidental mais les tentatives d’introduction de ce dialecte à l’école se sont soldées par un échec, alors que l’enseignement du néerlandais standard y rencontre un vif succès, la culture flamande et néerlandaise bénéficiant d’un regain d’intérêt.
I you want to hear how Flemish on the French side sounds to here:
http://www.languesdefrance.com/HTML/FlamandOccidental/Flamand.htm

It says a quarter of the Northern department in France speaks Western Flemish. Between 30.000 and 100.000 people still speak it, mainly older people. Standard Dutch is very popular in that Department and more and more people are learning it, according to this FRENCH site. This is an "official" French site. I have the feeling that some Walloons (not all) would have loved Flemish to have disappeared from Flanders as their French neighbours almost did with Flemish in France.
Was the General de Gaulle born in French Flanders? If so, he definitely is a Flemish by birth although he probably didn't want to know it. Wasn't Jacques Brel, Flemish himself of birth and origin? Is somebody born in Wallonia of Walloon parents a Walloon? Imagine if Walloons only speak Flemish to their children at home.Would they be Flemish Walloons? Why if Flemish people pass to French are they considered Walloons and if Walloons pass to Flemish they are considererd to be crazy? If it works one way it must work both. Pas trop difficile à comprendre. Not to difficult to understand. La culture française est comme-ça, assimilatrice.
Louvain-la-neuve   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 13:57 GMT
Exactly, just a quarter of the département of Nord. Not the totality of the french région called "nord-pas-de-calais, as they said...

General De Gaulle was born in Lille. Actually his family name "De gaulle" is not a noble name. The "de" is the flemish for "le" in french like "Le Grand", Le Châtelain etc....That's why it's "De Gaulle" and not "de Gaulle"

De Gaulle didn't deny the fact he was flemish... but he was a french flemish.
Louvain-la-neuve   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 14:11 GMT
Jacques Brel loved Flanders. All around the word he said he was aflemish singer who sings in french. He was just sometimes angry against the "flemish spirit". This wonderful song is a tribute to his beloved flanders:

"Le plat pays"

Avec la mer du Nord pour dernier terrain vague
Et des vagues de dunes pour arrêter les vagues
Et de vagues rochers que les marées dépassent
Et qui ont à jamais le cœur à marée basse
Avec infiniment de brumes à venir
Avec le vent de l'est écoutez-le tenir
Le plat pays qui est le mien

Avec des cathédrales pour uniques montagnes
Et de noirs clochers comme mâts de cocagne
Où des diables en pierre décrochent les nuages
Avec le fil des jours pour unique voyage
Et des chemins de pluie pour unique bonsoir
Avec le vent d'ouest écoutez-le vouloir

Avec un ciel si bas qu'un canal s'est perdu
Avec un ciel si bas qu'il fait l'humilité
Avec un ciel si gris qu'un canal s'est pendu
Avec un ciel si gris qu'il faut lui pardonner
Avec le vent du nord qui vient s'écarteler
Avec le vent du nord écoutez-le craquer

Avec de l'Italie qui descendrait l'Escaut
Avec Frida la Blonde quand elle devient Margot
Quand les fils de novembre nous reviennent en mai
Quand la plaine est fumante et tremble sous juillet
Quand le vent est au rire quand le vent est au blé
Quand le vent est au sud écoutez-le chanter
Le plat pays qui est le mien.
Jellywoman   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 15:05 GMT
Napoleon was born in Italy...So?
Bonaparte has never been a French surname...
Linda Mertens Fan Club   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 15:08 GMT
MILK INC
IN MY EYES (charted @ #9 in British top 75 singles chart)

In my eyes you'll see
The way it used to be
Take a look and see
The light still shines in me
There's a part of me
That I forgot to be
Take a look and see

In my eyes you'll see
The way it used to be
Take a look and see

Take a look and see
Take a look and see
Take a look and see
Take a look and see

In my eyes
In my eyes
In my eyes
In my eyes

-----------------------------------------------
MILK INC
DOE DE DONNA

Elke ochtend om 4 uur uit bed,
weer te laat, dus geen koffie gezet,
het is wel vroeg, maar we doen het voor jou,
om 6 uur starten wij Doe De Donna, now.

Doe De Donna,
Doe De Donna,
Doe De Donna, ja

We nemen samen de kranten door,
en stoppen wat de moeite is in je oor,
een actie hier, een prijsje daar,
de ochtend ploeg is helemaal klaar.

Doe De Donna tussen 6 en 9,
laat ons het beste van onszelf geven,
samen kunnen wij een nieuwe dag aan,
Doe De Donna, ja allemaal komaan.

Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja

Zelfs de file wordt ’n pretje met ons,
ochtend humeur vegen we weg met de spons,
de fun, de fits, daarvoor staan we garant,
Doe De Donna, onze ochtendband.

Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja

Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja
Doe De Donna
Doe De Donna, ja

DOE DE DONNA !
Louvain-la-neuve   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 15:20 GMT
No Jellywoman.

Napoleon was born in Corsica in 1769 that is to say just one year after corsica became french (1768). So Napoleon was born in France and was french (just for one year,LOL). His corsican name is Napoleone Buonaparte but he later adopted the more French-sounding Napoléon Bonaparte.

Moreover, Italia didn't exist yet at the time. There were several kingdoms instead of an united Italia
Tiste   Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 15:30 GMT
I think we should let the Flemish people choose ( trough a petition or something like that... )if they want to be part of Flanders again .In the end they are our brothers by blood and we shouldn't be separated by each other. I myself am a speaker of West-Flemish, so I can easily communicate with these people...

Please correct me if I'm wrong