Pure english

Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:18 pm GMT
<The problem is that Old English is complex and difficult -- probably worse than modern Romance Languages (Spanish or French, anyway). >>

Yeah Old English was a highly inflected language, unlike french.
guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:13 pm GMT
"Washing Machine" and "Television" are not Latin words!

"Washing" obviously is English.
"Machine" is Greek.
So is "Tele-", it is a Greek particle. "-Vision" is the only part that is Latinic.

The word "Television" is germanic though, because, even though it was formed from Greek and Latin particles, it was formed by germanic speakers for use in a germanic culture, therefore it is a germanic word (similar to the German "Fraktur").

The concept of a television is also germanic, since Latins were too busy plowing their field and picking their bleads (i.e. "fruits") and taking siesta to bother with technologies and more efficient ways of doing things...

Estoy Jahhst Keedding :)
guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:16 pm GMT
<<Yeah Old English was a highly inflected language, unlike french.>>

You could learn Old English words (lexicon) for word formation without having to study how the language operates...but even still, it is not as difficult as you might think.

I agree that "Anglish" is a futile attempt at best...and a hokey one at that. Someone should have thought that through a little better... : \
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:58 pm GMT
The concept of a television is also germanic

Obviously, every idiot thing invented is Germanic and I don't have difficulty believing it: it's the most powerful brainwashing tool ever invented: Germans are the best in that.
There are people taking siesta and other watching tv belching with a bier in an hand and the brain turn off!
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:00 pm GMT
ince Latins were too busy plowing their field and picking their bleads (i.e. "fruits") and taking siesta

SIESTAA??? AHAHAH!!! This genius confused Latins with South Americans!!! Everytime I think it can’t be a more idiot moron there is always someone surpassing every level of stupidity!
Kmlaaahhh yyuuhghtr booohhhh kwwwyuustxxtxcerwxct!!
..ops... sorry for spitting...
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:05 pm GMT
Of course there are books about Old English grammar.

....SO INTERESTING....
I can't help to buy them all.

The problem is that Old English is complex and difficult -- probably worse than modern Romance Languages (Spanish or French, anyway).

Where is the problem since it is a dead langauge?
I don't know if it was much worse in difficulty than French or Spanish but surely it was worse in everything else too
telefunken   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm GMT
What's wrong with siestas? I work hard 8 hours per day, I have the right to sleep the rest of time.
guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:10 pm GMT
<<SIESTAA??? AHAHAH!!! This genius confused Latins with South Americans!!! Everytime I think it can’t be a more idiot moron there is always someone surpassing every level of stupidity!
Kmlaaahhh yyuuhghtr booohhhh kwwwyuustxxtxcerwxct!!
..ops... sorry for spitting... >>

wow. you're right dude...
how clumsy of me...I didn't mean to insult the South Americans like that.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:12 pm GMT
<<SIESTAA??? AHAHAH!!! This genius confused Latins with South Americans!!! >>

Umm, Think he meant Mexicans
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:16 pm GMT
<<The problem is that Old English is complex and difficult -- probably worse than modern Romance Languages (Spanish or French, anyway).
>>

Old English is "sheen" (beautiful) and lyrical.

It's no different than learing Latin or ancient Greek. They are dead languages too.

Old English actually can help with understanding why English has some of the peculiarities that it does, like irregular verbs, archaic constructions like "lest", "the more the...", "-meal" (like in piecemeal & leafmeal) etc.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm GMT
Old English is "sheen" (beautiful) and lyrical.

For sheeps I can agree.
Greek is allowed in purified, boiled, sifted and revised English? Are you fool? We have to prevent any foreign language
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:11 pm GMT
anda = envy
bewerian = protect
wealdan, ricsian = rule, govern
leas = false
andgiet = intelligence
andscyldigian = excuse

Very nice language! I imagine how beautiful it sounds. What a bijou!!
In which occasion do you think to speak it? At the country pig-fest among sausages, bier and pork chops?
Don’t you think it’s time to stop this charade?
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:25 pm GMT
<<Very nice language! I imagine how beautiful it sounds. What a bijou!!
In which occasion do you think to speak it? At the country pig-fest among sausages, bier and pork chops?
Don’t you think it’s time to stop this charade? >>

Do all Latins have your manners? You disgrace your race if they do.

Tell you what, I would gladly sit neck high in mud at a pig-fest with wursts than to sit with you.

Way to represent!

@sshole
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:31 pm GMT
<<anda = envy
bewerian = protect
wealdan, ricsian = rule, govern
leas = false
andgiet = intelligence
andscyldigian = excuse
>>

Let's see...
Enwie
Protekt, Protecht
Ruhl, Gowern ("Gubernatorial", "Goober"-natohrial, hmmm)
Falls
Intellidschenz
ExKjuhs

yeah buddy, You're RIGHT, those DO sound bijou-lichbar!
guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:49 pm GMT
<<ExKjuhs>>

GET IT RIGHT!
It's "Ekskjuhß!" dammit (hee hee ;)

Besides, those words were not begiven (i.e."provided") as a "what sounds better this or that" forbuis (i.e. "example"). They were to truthe ("prove") that English did not lack those words to begin with.

If arristed ("resurrected"), those words would be:
anda > ond
bewerian > bewere
wealdan, ricsian > wold, rix
leas > lease
andgiet > andget
andscyldigian > endshuild

(Dufus...Jahsst Keeddeeng.......: )