Pure english

Louis Black   Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:16 pm GMT
"SIESTAA??? AHAHAH!!! This genius confused Latins with South Americans!!! Everytime I think it can’t be a more idiot moron there is always someone surpassing every level of stupidity!
"

He/She's not an idiot moron,
you're being insulted

"Kmlaaahhh yyuuhghtr booohhhh kwwwyuustxxtxcerwxct!!
..ops... sorry for spitting... "

^This is stupidity
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:33 pm GMT
Su tabaco gracias.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:06 am GMT
<<Poor little fanatic boy!
It’s so laughable when this trite story comes out everytime! I think it is not a difficult concept to understand: nobody learn English because “necessity”!!>>

Ohh really? Then why are there millions across the globe desperate to learn english, as if their well being depended on it? Isn't that the very purpose of this website - to help you plebeians learn our language? Why is english compulsory in so many schools around the world?

Just face it: Our linguistic sphere of influence dominates the world at the moment, its growing, and it's not going to change for a long time to come. In all mediums, whether it be buisness, science, aviation, pop. culture etc, we rule.

<<Personally I chose it in high school simply because it was the easiest language among the other ones. I would pick up another language.>>

Obviously, judging from your post, it hasn't been easy for you at all, because you have yet to learn it. Keep trying though, and we just might let you be an honorary anglophone person (a mark of distinction).

<<Go out your tiny country and discover how many cultures are much more superior and richer than yours!>>

I have, and the funny thing about it is that, in just about any country in the world you go to, people either speak english, or are trying to learn. (I wonder why?) Additionally, they listen to American music, and imitate the culture. Its quite amusing.

The Anglosphere rules the world. Bow down, commoner.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:06 am GMT
<<Just face it: Our linguistic sphere of influence dominates the world at the moment, its growing, and it's not going to change for a long time to come. In all mediums, whether it be buisness, science, aviation, pop. culture etc, we rule.>>

But not for long. I think we'll all be astonished to see how fast the US economic and military might collapses in the years ahead. A couple of decades from now, our nation could well be overrun by an upcoming military superpower interested in acquiring "living room" for its huge population. So much for the Angloshpere.
Guesto   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:20 am GMT
<< The Anglosphere rules the world. >>

I agree with everything this Guest said in his post. But, I understand that others don't want to accept this reality or are in denial about it.

<< But not for long. I think we'll all be astonished to see how fast the US economic and military might collapses in the years ahead. A couple of decades from now, our nation could well be overrun by an upcoming military superpower interested in acquiring "living room" for its huge population. So much for the Angloshpere. >>

Ha! Falling back to his hypothetical arguement, huh? You must have no other defense besides trying to predict the future. Who are you to say that the US economy won't improve, or that the Chinese economy won't have any problems? I think we'll be astonished to see how wrong you will be. "Living room". That's funny, but I'll play along. First China would have to acquire Siberia from the Russians and then cross the water into Alaska where the US would bomb the hell out of them.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:44 am GMT
<<I can say it better: It's like a gentle, refined, classy, sweet lady (Latin French) badly raped by a vulgar coarse gross stinky drunkard (barbaric anglosaxon), it sounds much better like this. LOL>>

You people are essentially the TRASH left over by the failed Roman Empire, and you have the nerve to call someone else barbaric, and vulgar. Your people, and your entire history, personify vulgarity, in every aspect. You are merely one of the barbic populations conquered by the romans, ruled over, and left behind after Romes decline: garbage.

The "languages" that you speak of with such pride, were not developed through scholarship, nor are they "refined", or ''classy". French, Italian, Spanish, ect...are the result of the simple vulgar dialects of the low classes, left in COMPLETE IGNORANCE for centuries; bastardized illiterate peasant speech that bares little resemblance to its historical antecedent.

If Cicero were alive today, and he heard the unintelligible nasalized gibberish coming out of your mouths (your "sophisticated" Romance languages), he would surely laugh at any assertion that such speech was "refined" or ''classy" - that is, if he would even be able to recognize it as being of latin origin at all.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:45 am GMT
China is facing too many problems to have a hope of becoming the supreme world power any time soon. Their overpopulation, imbalances of the sexes, and lack of natural resources are going to hit them hard. They're destroying the value of their own land and aren't going to be able to afford to buy what they need from other countries if the global economy stays like it is. The price of oil is going up and China's demand keeps growing.
Guesto   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:55 am GMT
<< You people are essentially the TRASH left over by the failed Roman Empire, and you have the nerve to call someone else barbaric, and vulgar. Your people, and your entire history, personify vulgarity, in every aspect. You are merely one of the barbic populations conquered by the romans, ruled over, and left behind after Romes decline: garbage.

The "languages" that you speak of with such pride, were not developed through scholarship, nor are they "refined", or ''classy". French, Italian, Spanish, ect...are the result of the simple vulgar dialects of the low classes, left in COMPLETE IGNORANCE for centuries; bastardized illiterate peasant speech that bares little resemblance to its historical antecedent.

If Cicero were alive today, and he heard the unintelligible nasalized gibberish coming out of your mouths (your "sophisticated" Romance languages), he would surely laugh at any assertion that such speech was "refined" or ''classy" - that is, if he would even be able to recognize it as being of latin origin at all. >>

All I can say is... "Ouch!"
Girl Mary   Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:31 am GMT
<< You people are essentially the TRASH left over by the failed Roman Empire, and you have the nerve to call someone else barbaric, and vulgar. Your people, and your entire history, personify vulgarity, in every aspect. You are merely one of the barbic populations conquered by the romans, ruled over, and left behind after Romes decline: garbage.

If Cicero were alive today, and he heard the unintelligible nasalized gibberish coming out of your mouths (your "sophisticated" Romance languages), he would surely laugh at any assertion that such speech was "refined" or ''classy" - that is, if he would even be able to recognize it as being of latin origin at all. >>

--All I can say is... "Ouch!"--

I can say more than that, like "where have you been?" Finally, someone to put these Latin trolls in their place. It is soooo funny seeing them call the Anglos and other Germanic peoples "barbaric."
greg   Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:35 am GMT
Josh & Brennus : pouvez-vous déplacer ce tissu de sottises dans la section monolingue ? C'est l'emplacement qui convient le mieux.
maquina   Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:47 am GMT
Su tabaco , gracias.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:42 am GMT
<<I can say more than that, like "where have you been?" Finally, someone to put these Latin trolls in their place. It is soooo funny seeing them call the Anglos and other Germanic peoples "barbaric." >>

It was a great post, although I suspect it was at least partially in jest.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:04 pm GMT
You people are essentially the TRASH left over by the failed Roman Empire, and you have the nerve to call someone else barbaric, and vulgar. Your people, and your entire history, personify vulgarity, in every aspect. You are merely one of the barbic populations conquered by the romans, ruled over, and left behind after Romes decline: garbage.

You have made a perfect picture of German trash and of German languages, especially "people, and your entire history, personify vulgarity, in every aspect" I couldn't say it better. You were always considered trash since the Roman Empire and you are still consider trash nowadays. German languages and German culture were called "BARBARIC" and not the Latin ones. NEVER. Face it. Envy is harsh uh?
The proof is your "classy" post, if all "Germans" have the class and the education you show I understand your consideration.
Oh by the way, don't you know that Romans are "the" Latins? Not the Mexhicans as you think!!
Yes, that cultural, military, artistic and scientific unrecheable culture flourishing when Germans were climbing on the trees. I understand your envy: you have always wanted to copy it but without success. The last time you desperately attempted to copy the Roman Empire (Third Reich) you were almost erased from Earth.
These are FACTS not bias.
It's funny: everybody think the same about the others
Xian   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm GMT
Just to inform you...They are so “vulgar” that the “classy” and “quality” things for excellence have been always considered Latin: from fashion, furniture, cars, cloches, food, jewelry, arts, handicraft, luxury, interiors, houses, ships etc. etc. were top quality and aesthetics is at the top. All things that everybody obviously associates with “classy” German world, right? All the luxury market is Italian and French just to make you know.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 pm GMT
<<You have made a perfect picture of German trash and of German languages, especially "people, and your entire history, personify vulgarity, in every aspect" I couldn't say it better. You were always considered trash since the Roman Empire and you are still consider trash nowadays. German languages and German culture were called "BARBARIC" and not the Latin ones. NEVER. Face it. Envy is harsh uh?>>

Were the ancient Romans any better than the "barbarians"? Obviously they had better technology, but how "civilized" were they really?

BTW, What exactly happened to Cicero in the end?