Pure english

Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:24 pm GMT
"It's funny: everybody think the same about the others"
You're growing up. You should join that adult forum "Langweilig".
guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:04 pm GMT
To the Greeks, the Romans were "Barbarians"
To the Persians, the Greeks were "Barbarians"
To the Chinese, the Japanese were "Barbarians"

Blin (i.e. "quit") this childish name-calling and grow up!

Everyone is a barbarian, and no one is a barbarian.
Barbarian is just someone who you believe--and always earsingly (i.e. "erroneously")--is not like you. We are all the same sh*t. Latin, German, Egyptian...

Are we supposed to feel bad about you screaming "Barabrian" in our faces?...
Guest2   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:07 pm GMT
<<Are we supposed to feel bad about you screaming "Barabrian" in our faces?... >>

I know. Coming from a latin it's a compliment :}
guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:19 pm GMT
I just realized something:

The reason why I get so much flack regarding English re-strengthening (what's been called "purification" in this thread) is this:

Latin speakers (Spanish, French, Italian, etc) are affraid. They are affraid for this reason: They know that their languages are in threat by the dominance of English. It's understandworth ("understandable") and undeniable.

The only solace they can seek is a type of quasi-pseudo-comfort that English has a lot of Romance words--like they are trying to buddy up and cash in on our success (i.e. "Well, Englich, jou are successful becose of Oss [us]")
; trying to rub all up on us like we OWE them something for Latinic words. Pitiful isn't it?

Just because English has words of Latin origin doesn't mean that we LIKE you! We don't feel any kinship toward you for that matter. There isn't any. You are not a part of our family, so there is no hope for you being affanged ("accepted") by us...

"JAHHST KEEDEENK" :)
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm GMT
"Barbarian is just someone who you believe--and always earsingly (i.e. "erroneously")--is not like you"
The same goes nowadays for "a terrorist".
Teutonica   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm GMT
I'm not going to deny the great civilization of the Romans (until it was interrupted by the fall of the empire at the hands of the Germanic peoples), and the French and Italian are fine, but Spanish and Portuguese? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Besides, the truly cultured and sophisticated love German art and literature. The best-made things on the planet come from Germany and everyone knows it. In the U.S. they often make commercials referencing fine German engineering. The Scandinavians are also known for having very high quality, luxury items. Since when have you heard of world-famous Spanish beauty items or Spanish cars? Spanish engineering? Spanish anything other than a siesta and a colonial Mexican burrito?
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:09 pm GMT
To the Greeks, the Romans were "Barbarians"

AHAHA!! It's the first time I hear such inventions.
To the Greeks, the Romans were not "Barbarians" because peak Greek civilization ceased to exist at the time of the Roman empire!!! They have never meet each others. You are a bit confused on time chronology

Same with the persians.

Never heard of that it's exactly the opposite if ever, for Japanese everyone was "barbarian"

By the way "barbarian" is a latin word, so I am still wondering how it can be used by others...
Skippy   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:21 pm GMT
The same does not go for terrorist. Terrorists are a clearly defined group of people, typically members of violent organizations, which focus their violence on civilians (in general) though there are many types of terrorism... Suicide terrorism, for example.

"Terrorism" cannot be equated with "barbarian" in the sense that, from one perspective, everyone is a barbarian.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:23 pm GMT
<<AHAHA!! It's the first time I hear such inventions.
To the Greeks, the Romans were not "Barbarians" because peak Greek civilization ceased to exist at the time of the Roman empire!!! They have never meet each others. You are a bit confused on time chronology >>

Uh, I think this was meant as a rhetoric...(Moron)

<<To the Chinese, the Japanese were "Barbarians"
Never heard of that it's exactly the opposite if ever, for Japanese everyone was "barbarian">>

Never heard of that? Well, why don't you go learn something first before you come back here and start spewing your ignorance in front of me?

<<By the way "barbarian" is a latin word, so I am still wondering how it can be used by others... >>

"Barbarian" is a GREEK word (MORON) from Greek 'barbaros' - "a non-Greek"/ "a foreigner"

Probably used to refer to Romans
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:40 pm GMT
I saw that the fairy tale of Roman Empire falling “because of the Germanic” is pretty widespread in Germanic countries but not at all in the others. To tell the truth the Germanic invasion came very late AFTER the Empire was already fallen. Roman empire felt because NO empire in history is everlasting, it gradually disaggregated because of time, it’s a natural process and Germanic have very little to do with that. It’s like saying British empire felt because of Indians!! It’s clear you claim it because you are trying to look for an important place in history you never had. Grow-up.

"Besides, the truly cultured and sophisticated love German art and literature. "

It's what you wish, but I've never heard about that. Sorry. Indeed truly cultured and sophisticated people always loved Latin cultures.
I've never heard all this love for Germans indeed. I'm sorry.
Have you ever heard (just for example) about "grand tour" in which the most cultured men and the gereatest personalities of Europe took part for centuries? It took place in Italy not in any Germanic country. Never. By the way do you know how many Germanic people took part in it from Goethe? I'll say you: A LOT.
France was the key-country in history many times. Have you ever heard of FRENCH revolution which open modern times? It's not "German revolution".

"The best-made things on the planet come from Germany and everyone knows it. "
For some things is ok, as well as other best thing on the planet come from other countries.

"In the U.S. they often make commercials referencing fine German engineering"
Please! US doesn't count. When US became the point of referrement in culture?! Talking about engeneering I have another information: the best translatlantic ocean liners as well as the best luxury ship are made in Italy for all the world (US too), but I am sure there are not many "commercials" in US advertising it. Just the first thing that came in my mind.

"The Scandinavians are also known for having very high quality, luxury items."
Ikea?
Scandinavians? What's the matter with the Scandinavian? They are not Germans.
Concerning Spanish and Portoguese they are so much well considered than many Germans so you have very little to laugh.
I don't know what is the matter in this stupid subject.
All the western culture is Latin-rooted and not Germanic, that's a fact. Period. Nobody in Europe see that idiot division except you evidently.
Your nationalist bla bla (or ehatver it is) is frankly pathetic.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:19 pm GMT
<"Besides, the truly cultured and sophisticated love German art and literature. "

It's what you wish, but I've never heard about that. Sorry.>>

Gerrman music (classical) is pretty highly regarded in some circles.
Guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:39 pm GMT
"from one perspective, everyone is a barbarian"
I'd say: from different perspectives, everybody is barbarian (and same for terrorist).
State terrorism, for example.
Guesto   Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:54 pm GMT
<<"Besides, the truly cultured and sophisticated love German art and literature. "

It's what you wish, but I've never heard about that.>>

Well guess what Bozo you're hearing about it now

With you, why is it always "I've never heard about that" and therefore "It is not valid"

You've really heard about everything there is to hear? Wow. You're impressive!

You truly are! Yeah
guest   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:01 pm GMT
<<France was the key-country in history many times.>>

Whose history?
France's history?
The history of the great 'Latin' peoples?

Tell that to a Finn, an Uzbek, or a Han and they'll laugh in you face.

Western Europe is not the universe man.

Your view of the world is very small.
Lord   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:03 pm GMT
<<the best translatlantic ocean liners as well as the best luxury ship are made in Italy>>

LUXURY SHIPS???
IS THAT ALL YOU GOT???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't make fun of you otherwise, except for your stink-attitude